Very worried about Yodel

Otone

Gold Level Poster
Just having a read up on Yodel as my PC is on it's way and I have not seen one good review! People are raging! Got a txt before 9am this morning saying my PC has been dispatched (next working day) so should get it sometime tomorrow. I've booked it off work so will stay in all day. So preying it will come. I've spent alot of money on this just for a courier to throw it about.
What has your experiences been like getting your PC?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
you never see good reviews because generally people only ever write complaints, people who are happy with the service have no need to rant or anything, hence why you only ever see the bad.

Personally, they were speedy, they delievered exactly when they said, the website stayed up to date the entire time, the package was handled carefully and didnt have a single mark on it when it arrived apart from a very slight rip on the edge of one of the handles.

Excellent service IMO

Rakk

The Awesome
As Frenchy said, generally all you ever see if bad reviews, no-one ever bothers to write to say they've done well.

Personally I've had no problems with them, when I got my PC I got it at 8:15 in the morning (it was a pre-10 delivery), when I got my new monitor, I had it by 10 in the morning the day after I ordered it (normal delivery), and when I got my new hard drive I had it by lunchtime the day after ordering (normal delivery).

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
What you read online, especially in terms of reviews, is just the tip of the iceberg. Millions, yes millions of parcels are delivered by Yodel ever year without a single problem. You just hear about the occasional problem here and there.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I have now bought 2 machines from PCS in the last 5 months.

One came to my house as expected in the AM of the day it was meant to.

The second came to my work last week on the day it was meant to (around lunchtime).

And as many have said, who in this world really goes out of the way to say positive things on the world wide interwebs? :D

Freeley

Ditto to the above.
Mine was delivered on the specified day & time, box was unmarked - no problem at all.

omens

Gold Level Poster
My delivery guy rang me coz I wasn't home to collect the parcel - we rearranged delivery for Monday. What I didn't know was that he was only around the corner so I could have picked up off him later the same day!

roydom

Problems can and will happen with anything. What is REALLY important is the way the company deals with it to a conclusion.

My PC was supposed to be delivered on Saturday, and although the tracker said delivered at 11.30, it was not, so I phoned Yodel. On Sunday I emailed Yodel, and they have not even replied to one of the contacts so far!!

By the way, PCS were synpathetic, and followed up properly, and the Yodel tracker then said it had turned up at another depot 30 odd miles away. The PC turned up intact yesterday, and all is now well.

My view is that Yodel do not operate to thye same customer service levels as PCS, and other posts reflect this worry. Personally I had never heard of Yodel until my first PCS delivery, and wonder why they continue with them if there are issues. Roy

Rakk

The Awesome
My view is that Yodel do not operate to thye same customer service levels as PCS, and other posts reflect this worry. Personally I had never heard of Yodel until my first PCS delivery, and wonder why they continue with them if there are issues. Roy

Yodel took over DHL, so you will have heard of them by the name DHL before at a rough guess (unless you've been hiding under a rock :))

And if you can find a courier company that manages to get 100% of its deliveries on time and in tact then you deserve a medal :)
All courier companies have their issues as stated many times before, all courier companies have about a billion complaints if you search for them on Google.

Otone

Gold Level Poster
"out for delivery" wow thats fast! So far so good. we shall see when it gets here. too excited now

Corfate

Author Level
The wait will kill you, then you'll hear the knock on the door, with a rush of excitement you'll scramble to open it, to be faced with a big cardboard box being carried to you by the Yodel man or woman ;)

I expected to see the van pull up, but i didn't.. And this happened twice.. Didn't see them pull up either time! The delivery man now knows me ;)

onlynik

Enthusiast
Yodel took over DHL.

That's not entirely true, DHL siphoned off there Home Delivery to Yodel (who were then Home Delivery Network). I have issues with Yodel, as they employ contractors to do deliveries, there are leaflets at their offices along the line of, "Do you have a car and a few hours spare a day, good. You could be a delivery driver for Yodel"

It really depends on luck. In Aberdeen they are possibly the worst delivery company, both items I have ordered from them I have had to pick up from their depot, as they next day servoce appears to be non existent. In fact the last item would have arrived 6 days after shipping from PCS, so much for a next day service.

Otone

Gold Level Poster
haaa i have experience in deliveries my macbook pro came at 6:18pm after i gave up hope lol. My monitor game at 7am! I'm hopping this one comes nowish. expect a huuuge unboxing video later

roydom

As I also said, it's not the complaint, or number of complaints that is the issue, it's how (or in Yodel's case IF) they answer them.
I advised them on Saturday that my parcel was not here, even though their tracker said it had been delivered 1/2 hour previously. No reply AT ALL so far from Yodel.
No way to get or keep customers is it?Roy

Yodel took over DHL, so you will have heard of them by the name DHL before at a rough guess (unless you've been hiding under a rock :))

And if you can find a courier company that manages to get 100% of its deliveries on time and in tact then you deserve a medal :)
All courier companies have their issues as stated many times before, all courier companies have about a billion complaints if you search for them on Google.

Whitemonk

PCS advised me by email that my PC had been dispatched on 23rd.

Been glued to Yodel's tracking screen most of today............

Rest of the time looking out the window...............

It left Leeds yesterday at 19:13 and arrived at Enfield depot at 05:04 this morning, out for delivery at 07:09, passed to courier at 15:31, returned to Enfield at 15:31 (?), departed depot (Enfield) at 16:51.................

Where to, I wonder? Rang Yodel at 16:56 on their 0844 number, got through to an 'advisor' ten minutes later and asked if they had any idea where where my parcel was headed. Nope. Won't know until it gets scanned again, but probably been returned to sender due to an 'address problem'. You'll probably get it delivered Tuesday.

Now I'm worried........................

Last edited:

Whitemonk

Update:

Just looked at the tracking again

Arrived back at Enfield Depot at 17:48.............

Will I get it tomorrow?????????????

Rakk

The Awesome
You should have gotten it today to be honest since it said out for delivery.
If you don't see an 'out for delivery' message tomorrow morning I'd ring up PCS and see if they can help track it down for you.