Viper III only has 1 Hard Drive

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
Well I ordered the Viper III with a 120GB solid state drive and a 500GB standard 7200rpm drive, however only the SSD drive is showing. Anyone else had this issue or is a part missing? :turned:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Check in disk management to see if it is showing.Click on start and type diskmgmt.msc on search bar.If it's showing,
right click on the black bar of the "unallocated drive" in the lower half of the screen,you may have to format the drive by clicking on "new simple volume"then follow the wizard,but more likely you only have to assign a drive letter,to do this , select change drive letter and paths.
click on the Add button in the next menu and pick a drive letter from the pull down menu.
Click ok to assign selected drive letter,then check in "computer" to confirm missing drive is shown.
If it's not showing in disk management it may have come loose in transit.I doubt pcs would miss it out.

Kai121

Bronze Level Poster
Vanthus, +rep for that, was their, just unallocated as you said :p used to only have 1 hard drive, thanks allot!

PokerFace

Banned
Check in disk management to see if it is showing.Click on start and type diskmgmt.msc on search bar.If it's showing,
right click on the black bar of the "unallocated drive" in the lower half of the screen,you may have to format the drive by clicking on "new simple volume"then follow the wizard,but more likely you only have to assign a drive letter,to do this , select change drive letter and paths.
click on the Add button in the next menu and pick a drive letter from the pull down menu.
Click ok to assign selected drive letter,then check in "computer" to confirm missing drive is shown.
If it's not showing in disk management it may have come loose in transit.I doubt pcs would miss it out.

Vanthus, +rep for that, was their, just unallocated as you said :p used to only have 1 hard drive, thanks allot!

LOL, Vanthus has earned most of his rep with that snippet of usefull information :)