Vista 64 & Windows 7

Matt

Bright Spark
Would Vista make benefit of and use all four cores on a cpu like Windows 7?

Considering the upgrade to windows 7.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
It will, but Windows 7 handles them much more efficiently, you don't get the major gradual system slowdown that Vista had either.

Matt

Bright Spark
Yeah I've noticed that slowdown myself.

Alright, Windows 7 it is then, now i just need to obtain a copy...

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 7 is generations ahead of Vista in terms of performance, stability and doesn't have a pop up window every 5 minutes asking you if you're really sure that you want to do that :D

Matt

Bright Spark
Windows 7 is generations ahead of Vista in terms of performance, stability and doesn't have a pop up window every 5 minutes asking you if you're really sure that you want to do that :D

;)

The first thing i did after installing vista was turn off UAC.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Amen to that, the most annoying thing in the world.

"Are you sure you want to do that"

"Yes that's why I ****ing clicked it!"

LDUK

Master Poster
;)

The first thing i did after installing vista was turn off UAC.

I have windows 7 on a laptop, and I also turned UAC off on that. I just hate the idea. And Vista was a useless OS without UAC turned off lol. But windows 7, it actually suprising at how great it really is. It's exactly how it should be, which is odd from MS lol.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I like to think of it as more refined, polished Vista with better features.

Gorman

Author Level
7 = Vista with a few code optimisations and the default security settings changed a bit.

7 is great, so was Vista. Unless you were trying to run it on an early 2000's machine with 256Mb of ram.

Matt

Bright Spark
7 = Vista with a few code optimisations and the default security settings changed a bit.

7 is great, so was Vista. Unless you were trying to run it on an early 2000's machine with 256Mb of ram.

Yeah I've not had any major problems with Vista tbh. I only upgraded from xp when vista was at service pack 2 status so i guess the worst was already behind it.

However, if i can squeeze extra performance out of windows 7, which it seems i can then I'm happy to upgrade.

LDUK

Master Poster
Yeah, I can't complain too much about Vista, it served me well. I just hate how demanding it was. I wanted to use my specs for the games, but it wont let you because it's using all the power for the OS lol.

However, if i can squeeze extra performance out of windows 7, which it seems i can then I'm happy to upgrade.

Yup, this is a fact. You'll get more from a windows 7 then Vista with the same Computer specs.