Vortex 15.6 Mic problem

Just setting up my brandnew box with win8.1 - but mic will not work properly: very faint and distorted recording (in skype and soundrecorder). Any ideas?

ciaran

Hey! You are not alone, my mic is faulty on my VortexIV (clevo p150sm) which I received 6 weeks ago. I tested it thoroughly but it is a hardware fault and is unusable. It basically sounds very muffled and low volume, like its recording underwater. I will be RMA-ing it soonish. If you search Google you will find other people with the same problem.

Thanks ciaran for your reply and a relief that this is not just me being stupid - I have now exchanged some e-mail with pcs and they suggest to maybe RMA - however, has anyone experienced how long this takes to turn around and even more so, has anyone experienced that they have actually fixed this problem? As I rely on the machine for everyday use I can obviously not give it up for a long time to have just another, equally dodgy mic fitted.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Based on my own personal experience I wouldn't doubt the reliability and commitment of PCS to sort this out for you.
I couldn't say how long it would take though as it will probably depend on how busy they are at the time.

raigal

Same issue here - the microphone of Vortex IV is unsuitable, shame for the laptop over grand. And moreover - i contacted customer support and received reply - my RMA declined, no reason for that, i was advised to ring them. The sound of laptop is poor despite all advertised gimmicks and even some sort subwoofer on the bottom. That's the disadvantage of laptop and you pay and see what you got. Beware !