Vortex 3 Elite Overclocking

Gibbo_GTI

How do you overclock the CPU and GPU's on this laptop? There is no options in the BIOS to overclock the CPU and the sliders are maxed out on MSI Afterburner so can't overclock the 2 7970's.

steaky360

I don't think you'll find too many people on here keen on overclocking laptops! Especially not brand new ones as they have a strong tendency to overheat. Why do you want to overclock both the GPU/CPU if you don't mind me asking?

Gibbo_GTI

I always like to push the performance of my computers to get the most out of them. I won't be going mad with the laptop though but do like to gain free performance. I've managed to overclock the GPU's by disabling AMD ULPS in the BIOS.

Still working on overclocing the CPU, would be nice to even be able to access the Intel Turbo mode.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
As steaky said,not a good idea really to overclock on a laptop,there's a good chance of something or other eventually frying,and your warranty will almost certainly be void.

Last edited:

M3zxu

Silver Level Poster
If you really want to look into it: Check clevo/sager section in notebookreview forums for tips. But since the forum policy here is somewhat anti-OC for laptops I'll just leave it up to you to search for the info.