Vortex II Ruined My Life

Rehash

Would I be right in thinking that if I got a two-prong universal adapter I'd cut out the ground-loop?

I'm a bit behind the black ball, sorry.

Maestro

its possible, but im sort of doing a lot f guessing at the moment, having never suffered this sort of thing. I guess anything is worth a try.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Would I be right in thinking that if I got a two-prong universal adapter I'd cut out the ground-loop?

I'm a bit behind the black ball, sorry.

Using a 2 pin adaptor & plug would be the same as disconnecting the earth in the plug top,(which some people do to solve this problem)which to be honest is pretty much frowned upon for obvious safety reasons.

Kashyyyk

what is the info you have required. please remember the forums are here to glean help and advice from other memberss, not to just have a rant. Its frustrating when a product fails and that is what warranties are for. We will do our best to sort it when you rma the laptop.

If you require info then let us know what it is and there maybe someone on here who can help.

I have sent this email twice and now answer, this i sent as URGENT. do i have to log in this forum so PCS will answer? do i have to stand up with a sign in the middle of the highway to get PCS attention? or what is the way PCS works? :/ i just want to know because i don't want to keep loosing my time, doing everything twice or triple...

Hello,

I will have the oportunity to visit Holmfirth exclusively with the intentions to fix my computer,

RMA 13470

I was wondering if is posible to bring the laptop directly there, and if you could give me some kind of priority to check the malfunction and i will wait there until it will be fixed, in case the fix is not too complicated.

I ask you this special request because this is my one time oportunity to do this since i will be traveling to Paris the weekend of the 10 of June, so i would be heading Holmfirth towards Monday 11, and hoping to be back to Paris as soon as posible to continue my travel to my final destination.

I will apreciate any help.

Regards,

Last edited:

Craigsup

Silver Level Poster
In England it is currently a two day bank holiday (added onto a weekend) which means that no one will be working at PCS. The earliest response time you will get is Wednesday, but more probably Thursday - Friday.
I'd advise you phone them up on Wednesday as you will get to speak to them instantly rather than waiting for them to read all their e-mails.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You must remember its a bank holiday today, as was yesterday, so PCS have been unable to answer, you should receive a reply in the next day or two