Vortex IV Review

MattJBarnes

Yes it will be fine, done that already.

Hi there, first time PCS customer here. I have ordered a Vortex IV and thanks to your spec list and review it made my life much easier, so thanks for that.

Regarding connecting the laptop to a secondary monitor, have you done this through the HDMI out? and are you able to close the laptop entirely when used like this? So basically it is just a portable pc.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Yep, no issues. You can duplicate the screen or disable the screen on the vortex and use an external monitor.

thats good is there any problems with the fans or heat during gaming ? And will the specs u have last for 2 years or so before u have to upgrade the specs ? and what is the battery life like when u are not gaming?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
thats good is there any problems with the fans or heat during gaming ? And will the specs u have last for 2 years or so before u have to upgrade the specs ? and what is the battery life like when u are not gaming?

The fans kick in only when gaming, no issues with heat but a laptop cooler will help. Whether it will last for 2 years or more depends on the settings you expect and the games you play. I always use it plugged.