Vortex IV Review

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Temps
So far I have only tested Resident Evil 6 for about 2/3 hours and initially the gpu reached a maximum of 90 degrees but I was not using a laptop cooler and it was placed on a wooden desk. After having a chat with Smokedarknight and Rickne I started recording the temperatures when gaming and also pressing fn+1 to blast the fans as soon as I start the game. Using Zalman ZM-NC3500 laptop cooler the highest temperature recorded was 75 degrees with an average of 62 degrees.

Niao

Bronze Level Poster
Hey,

I ordered a Vortex IV quite similar to yours on the 26-06, I was wondering how long did you wait until you received it, between the order date and receive date ?
I know I can check on the average time PCS provides but just wanted a customer review on this.

Thanks.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hey,

I ordered a Vortex IV quite similar to yours on the 26-06, I was wondering how long did you wait until you received it, between the order date and receive date ?
I know I can check on the average time PCS provides but just wanted a customer review on this.

Thanks.
I had 5 day fast track so it took less than 5 working days.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Have you experimented with any others or are these the only ones that seem to work with the 780 at the moment?

Thanks.

I haven't tried to upgrade, that's the one installed in the laptop by PCS and when pressing "check for updates" it indicates that my driver is up to date.

DarthBane

Bronze Level Poster
I experienced the long wait for my desktop, I just knew I couldn't cope with that again :)

Didn't think it would bother me as i was still hammering bf3 on the xbox but since ordering i haven't turned on the xbox!!! just keep drooling over my order and planning my games installs etc.

Niao

Bronze Level Poster
Haha I am starting to think it is gonna be a looooong wait for me too :( Anyway did you receive with the box drivers for your computer in a CD ? I am trying to find Windows 7 drivers for the 780m in clevo website but seems they have only windows 8.... I haven't ordered my laptop with windows as I have licences already for life (school pros :D).

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Haha I am starting to think it is gonna be a looooong wait for me too :( Anyway did you receive with the box drivers for your computer in a CD ? I am trying to find Windows 7 drivers for the 780m in clevo website but seems they have only windows 8.... I haven't ordered my laptop with windows as I have licences already for life (school pros :D).

I haven't checked the cd yet but the driver is 311.27 which you could probably obtain online.

meza

What's the sound like from the speakers? Did you ever get the SoundBlaster software to work properly? Thanks for the review too. I'm starting to look at getting this laptop now after reading this.

Thanks

Harmed

I experienced the long wait for my desktop, I just knew I couldn't cope with that again :)

Hey Quick question, on the website review it claims you spent only £1226 for the set up; however when I follow an identical set up my total comes to £1543, how come?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hey Quick question, on the website review it claims you spent only £1226 for the set up; however when I follow an identical set up my total comes to £1543, how come?

I did a lot of changes to my original spec and it was definitely more than £1226, the price quoted is probably the spec before the upgrades.

Harmed

I did a lot of changes to my original spec and it was definitely more than £1226, the price quoted is probably the spec before the upgrades.

Hey man thanks for answering.

I was considering purchase this exact rig I just have a few concerns.

In a year or two I want to convert the laptop into a makeshift desktop that I can game/work on (easily 6 hours a day nearly every day), do you think the laptop could handle that?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hey man thanks for answering.

I was considering purchase this exact rig I just have a few concerns.

In a year or two I want to convert the laptop into a makeshift desktop that I can game/work on, do you think the laptop could handle that?

What do you mean by convert? What are you planning to do?