Vortex Series: 15.6 Wireless

Tazmin

Bought a new Laptop recently with a GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ADVANCED-N 6235 (300Mbps) + BLUETOOTH.

Now unless I'm greatly mistaken this should allow me to use my already set up wireless network at home, but the only way I seem to be able to connect to the Internet is through an Ethernet cable... Am I missing something obvious?! :sweatdrop:

The network is up an running since this is being typed on the old laptop :)

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Sometimes there is a keyboard shortcut to enable wireless,FN+(F12 or whatever F key the wireless symbol is on.)
Failing that,check driver status of the wireless card in device manager is okay.

Last edited:

Tazmin

Nothing on the keyboard other than a flight mode (which is turned off).

And nothing is showing under the network adapter other than "realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"

I'm not particularly technology savvy so if I'm looking in the wrong place let me know.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Nothing on the keyboard other than a flight mode (which is turned off).

And nothing is showing under the network adapter other than "realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"

I'm not particularly technology savvy so if I'm looking in the wrong place let me know.
Looks like the driver for your wireless card isn't installed,if you can't find a download for it,best give PCS a call.