Vortex Ultimate HDMI In port

Zabadda

Hi I have a Vortex Ultimate and want to use the HDMI in port to play my xbox on (the mrs has stolen the TV for the next night or 2 grr) I just want to know how to do this, nothing pops up when i plug the cable in and i have no unknown device in device manager, and cant see anything in display settings.

Im using Windows 7 Home

Zabadda

yup im sure it was a good selling point for me that why it cost so damn much! lol and yeh its in the manual too

LinearHD

Rising Star
Try going into Control Panel and go into your display settings and check that your monitor doesn't show up there?

essjayar

Yeah, it's would probably be a simple display setting. Could be you have to set your screen to a specific res for the Xbox?

MrShteeeve

Yeah, it's would probably be a simple display setting. Could be you have to set your screen to a specific res for the Xbox?

Doesn't matter, the screen on the vortex is 1080p, seeing as the xbox can only output 1080p also, it'd display it no matter what reso it would be. I'd imagine under display settings, selecting which monitor is active would be the case, or a sub menu on your graphics card control panel.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you an HDMI IN driver installed,there should also be some kind of player,i think,something like game mate media player.
If not, there might be a software disk supplied with the PC.