Water Cooler Burst

LDUK

Master Poster
Hi guys. So something really bad happened today. I was on my PC when I heard a pressure sound, followed by the sound of leaking water. I knew it had to be the water cooler, so I quickly opened it up to try and stop it from leaking on everything else. Turns out I wasn't quick enough, and it leaked all over the GPU and my just shut down. I unplugged it now.
It was the Coolit CPU cooler.
So guess this is a RMA is all that's left :/

Teaz

Godlike
oh dear. did you hear any pumping noise before hearing the leaking noise? (if it sounds different)

Looks like its rma.

JSG10

Expert
Oh dear.. not good at all :S
Hopefully the leak hasn't done any permanent damage to other hardware and once it evaporates everything will be alright and just a case of replacing the cooler :)
Fingers crossed for you, and hope for a speedy RMA! :)

LDUK

Master Poster
Yep, RMA. Get it booked in on the site or call us tomorrow.
OK, I've just done it.

Oh dear.. not good at all :S
Hopefully the leak hasn't done any permanent damage to other hardware and once it evaporates everything will be alright and just a case of replacing the cooler :)
Fingers crossed for you, and hope for a speedy RMA! :)
I know, it sucks lol. And I really need my PC lately, with the the video editing and what not.

Teaz

Godlike
oh, as i heard a strange pumping noise from my eco once and after researching, its apparently normal to hear it so just wondered what you had heard.

how loud was this pop or burst?

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Dude!!!

Not cool!!!

I'm sorry to hear it mate... Good luck with getting it all sorted. I'm hoping that this doesn't put you off water cooling completely...

Gorman

Author Level
Its normal for the odd gargle, especially if not used for a while or moved.

Its quite rare but these things can leak. Watercooling as a whole is quite safe and reliable, but there is always the risk involved with introducing liquid to a system.

LDUK is well within warranty and this will be sorted out.

LDUK

Master Poster
oh, as i heard a strange pumping noise from my eco once and after researching, its apparently normal to hear it so just wondered what you had heard.

how loud was this pop or burst?
It wasn't really that loud, I just knew it burst and started leaking. It's leaking from the actual part on the CPU.

Its normal for the odd gargle, especially if not used for a while or moved.

Its quite rare but these things can leak. Watercooling as a whole is quite safe and reliable, but there is always the risk involved with introducing liquid to a system.

LDUK is well within warranty and this will be sorted out.

I'm glad it happened now rather than it happen 2 years later lol.

Seedsy

Bronze Level Poster
Ouch sorry to hear that lduk but think on the bright side. If something is broken you may get a new one dare I say it FOC then it will be less Likley to break later.

Seedsy