weird beeping/buzzing noise from front jack port

JoshKing2105

We've had an awful lot of audio issues cropping up today specifically and I don't believe in coincidences...

I wonder if a recent windows update has borked something, or possibly a realtek driver update that's been pushed down through windows update.

I think it's too much of a coincidence that we've had at least 6 or 7 users saying the same symptoms all starting today.

I'm going to investigate more and will get back to you.

I would log it with PCS as well as they may already be aware of something.
i probably should of said something about this but it’s been doing it since I first got it 3-4 weeks ago, but I never said anything for some reason i just used the splitter to start with, I don’t think mine is to do with an update or anything like that, but I also should of said that my last pc did it as well, my headset is only a few weeks old as well

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i probably should of said something about this but it’s been doing it since I first got it 3-4 weeks ago, but I never said anything for some reason i just used the splitter to start with, I don’t think mine is to do with an update or anything like that, but I also should of said that my last pc did it as well, my headset is only a few weeks old as well
Yeah, I edited my reply after you'd replied, was getting confused with another thread.

It's likely a grounding issue.

I would try another pair of headphones, ones that are standard 2 pin 3.5" jack, don't use any form of splitter. I'm betting they work ok.

It's either going to be a grounding issue with that specific pair of headphones, or a connectivity issue on the jack itself. But if it happened on the previous PC, then it's likely a bad set of headphones, you'll need to get them replaced.

JoshKing2105

Yeah, I edited my reply after you'd replied, was getting confused with another thread.

It's likely a grounding issue.

I would try another pair of headphones, ones that are standard 2 pin 3.5" jack, don't use any form of splitter. I'm betting they work ok.

It's either going to be a grounding issue with that specific pair of headphones, or a connectivity issue on the jack itself. But if it happened on the previous PC, then it's likely a bad set of headphones, you'll need to get them replaced.
I had a pair of earphones before my new headset and they did the same, so I bought my new ones thinking it would solve it as they were only cheap earphones. Also another thing i should of pointed out is that it’s the headset it’s self thay makes the noise, the mic is detachable and when I take it out it still makes the noise so it’s not the mic

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had a pair of earphones before my new headset and they did the same, so I bought my new ones thinking it would solve it as they were only cheap earphones. Also another thing i should of pointed out is that it’s the headset it’s self thay makes the noise, the mic is detachable and when I take it out it still makes the noise so it’s not the mic
No, it's a grounding issue, they're not cabled well enough.

It's a really bad idea to cheap out on headphones, for PC, you should be looking at a USB set.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
On second thoughts, I guess it could be a grounding issue on the actual mains supply, although I'd have thought the PSU would isolate that.

Just out of interest, do you have the PC plugged into a surge protector?

JoshKing2105

On second thoughts, I guess it could be a grounding issue on the actual mains supply, although I'd have thought the PSU would isolate that.

Just out of interest, do you have the PC plugged into a surge protector?
if by surge protector do you mean like an extension lead, is so then yes

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
if by surge protector do you mean like an extension lead, then yes
Just try plugging it directly into the wall and see if the buzzing is still there, just to rule out that extension cable.

I don't think that would be the cause as I'm fairly certain the PSU would isolate any ground issues on the mains, but it's worth a go.