weird.

stegor

Bright Spark
There's only so many numbers you can get (9 or 10 I think) and the pattern is the same for all nine. The next time the pattern changes - but for the same 9 numbers.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Heh yeh, its like an Elephant in Denmark (i think that was the trick)...still, nifty way of displaying it that site...convincing :D

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
There's only so many numbers you can get (9 or 10 I think) and the pattern is the same for all nine. The next time the pattern changes - but for the same 9 numbers.
Well,your very close indeed,but what is the magic number?

Rakk

The Awesome
Ok, the explanation I think :)

The number you originally pick = 10xA + B ( so for 28 that would be 2x10 + 8 where A=2 and B=8)
The number you take away is A+B
So the only numbers you can end up with are (10xA+B) - (A+B)=10A+B-A-B=9A, so basically you will always end up with a multiple of 9 as your final number (unless you cant count), so all the numbers that are multiples of 9 exactly will be the same image and that's your image.

*cough* yes, I used to be a complete maths geek, not so much now, but I can still figure out stuff like that :)*cough*

Last edited:

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Ok, the explanation I think :)

The number you originally pick = 10xA + B ( so for 28 that would be 2x10 + 8 where A=2 and B=8)
The number you take away is A+B
So the only numbers you can end up with are (10xA+B) - (A+B)=10A+B-A-B=9A, so basically you will always end up with a multiple of 9 as your final number (unless you cant count), so all the numbers that are multiples of 9 exactly will be the same image and that's your image.
Your conclusion is correct,in as far as the number 9 & the same image is concerned,but I don't think you have quite nailed it,very close though,but the explanation isn't so complicated.

Teaz

Godlike
i giggled when i thought it was another silly game until it worked out my number a moment ago and got curious so i decieded to use my head and work it out. doesnt matter what 2 digit number you pick because what ever number you pick that is from 1-99 you will subtract the 2 digit number from the original number picked and it will always give you a multiple of the 9 times table. every number on that chart will be vague apart from the multiple of the 9 times table all the way to 81 where those numbers will always match in pattern making 9 the magic number lol.

pretty neat trick which was similar to a digital card trick i came across before. what ever card was guessed, it will always give you that card you had in mind lol :)

Teaz

Godlike
Yeah,you nailed it Teaz,

lool i win :D

now i would like to throw out the example but then again ive just explained it XD so i may aswell.

i like how they made the numbers abstract looking lol
answerl.png

Rakk

The Awesome
i giggled when i thought it was another silly game until it worked out my number a moment ago and got curious so i decieded to use my head and work it out. doesnt matter what 2 digit number you pick because what ever number you pick that is from 1-99 you will subtract the 2 digit number from the original number picked and it will always give you a multiple of the 9 times table. every number on that chart will be vague apart from the multiple of the 9 times table all the way to 81 where those numbers will always match in pattern making 9 the magic number lol.

Yeah,you nailed it Teaz,

Hang on, thats what I said, It's just I gave the mathematical proof to prove it as well! :)

Last edited: