What a beauty!

TomBerry

Bright Spark
So it finally arrived, the build I've been dreaming of!

Case
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB) - Will be adding two more sticks, making it a total of 64GB. Totally overkill but it's better than my previous PC's RAM sitting there doing nothing!
Graphics Card

24GB MSI GEFORCE RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
4TB Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" SSD, SATA 6Gb/s (up to 560MB/sR | 530MB/sW)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
3x 50cm ARGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Surge Protection
6 Socket 2m Surge Protector
Warranty
3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Absolutely amazed with the build! Feels strange having something so powerful be at my fingertips...mwuahaha...currently downloading games for this beast and then can take it out on a spin :)
Carried out a test on 3DMark earlier and got the score of 18,166 which you can see here. Again, amazed with the score here and it just makes me even more eager to try out the games I have planned for this beast!

Production Dates
Processed Date03-05-2021
Pre-Production Date07-05-2021
Build Date02-06-2021
Test Date02-06-2021
Awaiting Dispatch Date04-06-2021
Dispatch Date07-06-2021

Overall, took 25 working days from ordering to receiving my build - two of these days were bank holidays. Luckily was one of the five who managed to grab the MSI variant of the 3090 which may explain the quicker delivery time here! Unfortunately, DPD let me down this morning upon delivery, witnessing them just...drop the box and not even attempt to catch it, I'm so glad it was protected as it's a full glass case, would have ended in a lot of tears from me!
Apart from that though, what an absolutely beautiful machine, I don't even know what to say I'm that impressed. The cable management is neat and tidy, the PC is very quiet for what it is, the RGB is beautiful! Definitely a perfect pair for an Odyssey G9 and I can't wait to push it to its full potential.

I'm going to attach some photos of what I have so far. I'm aware that some of you don't like it all rainbow RGB, however, I'm having difficulties getting Armoury Crate to do as its told! Once I've got more photos when it's darker in my room I'll absolutely post them below :) For all you 3080 waiters...I don't know how you're doing it, I struggled with 25 working days 🤯

Attachments

• image0-min.jpg
    image0-min.jpg
    1,001.4 KB · Views: 276
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 282

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
What a cracking build, and absolutely stunning. The 1st pic is just a thing of beauty.

Incidentally..... I think you're score is low. Something is needing a tweak. You should easily be cracking 19000 and with a fettle 20k should be doable.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
What a cracking build, and absolutely stunning. The 1st pic is just a thing of beauty.

Incidentally..... I think you're score is low. Something is needing a tweak. You should easily be cracking 19000 and with a fettle 20k should be doable.
Was thinking this! I was expecting in the 19000’s, I did the test on the Test Windows (hadn’t reinstalled yet) but I’ll give it another run now with correct drivers etc. Also installing my next 32GB kit so might have a very very slim chance of boosting it. Will get back to you (with more pics too)!

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Was thinking this! I was expecting in the 19000’s, I did the test on the Test Windows (hadn’t reinstalled yet) but I’ll give it another run now with correct drivers etc. Also installing my next 32GB kit so might have a very very slim chance of boosting it. Will get back to you (with more pics too)!
@Scott Just done two tests again and got slightly lower speeds, only a difference of 20 between them...

Test 1: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/62504652?
Test 2: https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/62504999?

Hit a 19,000 score yesterday but didn't save it anywhere...any reason it could be so low? The second test was carried out with everything apart from 3DMark closed, which only gave it that 20 boost. Will have to do some tweaking around :) Still happy with the results though, they're fab!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I could be wrong but it looks like you're getting zero boost response from the GPU. It's as if it's on some sort of lock. How were the temps of the GPU? Did you have the fans on Max?

Any time you are running a bench, always maximise your cooling...... even running it ASAP after a long time switched off will make a big impact.

CPU seems impacted as well. 200mhz down from yesterday in clock speed. Could be a result of heat soak etc too.

The score is ridiculously high, it's a fantastic score....... I would want more though :devilish:

loso64

one warning for you. It is generally not advised to mix and match ram kits. Even if the kit is from the same manufacturer having same speed and CL.
When they make a ram kit, they are making it from one single bin and tested it will work together. Mixing different bins could cause you instability. Proceed with cation, and if you experience problems, remove those newly added sticks.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
I could be wrong but it looks like you're getting zero boost response from the GPU. It's as if it's on some sort of lock. How were the temps of the GPU? Did you have the fans on Max?

Any time you are running a bench, always maximise your cooling...... even running it ASAP after a long time switched off will make a big impact.

CPU seems impacted as well. 200mhz down from yesterday in clock speed. Could be a result of heat soak etc too.

The score is ridiculously high, it's a fantastic score....... I would want more though :devilish:
I'll be honest, I have no idea how to make changes to the fan speeds when carrying out these sorts of tests 😂 temps seemed completely fine, I did however change the fan speeds yesterday in the BIOS to make the fans get stronger when it gets above certain temps, pretty sure I made it 70c max to be at full power for the fans.
I want a quiet PC but at the same time something that kicks in with cooling right away when it's needed, reckon I should revert the fan curve back to the usual in the BIOS?

one warning for you. It is generally not advised to mix and match ram kits. Even if the kit is from the same manufacturer having same speed and CL.
When they make a ram kit, they are making it from one single bin and tested it will work together. Mixing different bins could cause you instability. Proceed with cation, and if you experience problems, remove those newly added sticks.
Tried the new sticks, lit up but wasn't booting past the BIOS screen...took them out, old sticks still worked fine. In the process of taking them out the stick shroud came off so I'm assuming it's broken 😥 Back to 2x16 sticks now...all working fine

loso64

Tried the new sticks, lit up but wasn't booting past the BIOS screen...took them out, old sticks still worked fine. In the process of taking them out the stick shroud came off so I'm assuming it's broken 😥 Back to 2x16 sticks now...all working fine
oof, that does not sound good, but as long as the pc is working properly all good. If you need in future more ram, make sure to seek out 4x16 and preferably Single trail one. Pretty sure there is at least one manufacturer who does 16gb single trail instead of double trail sticks

TomBerry

Bright Spark
oof, that does not sound good, but as long as the pc is working properly all good. If you need in future more ram, make sure to seek out 4x16 and preferably Single trail one. Pretty sure there is at least one manufacturer who does 16gb single trail instead of double trail sticks
May just get the dummy sticks off Amazon, I was really only putting the 2 extra sticks in for the RGB (although the 64GB RAM total would be definitely cool😂) so the dummy sticks should just do the trick!

loso64

May just get the dummy sticks off Amazon, I was really only putting the 2 extra sticks in for the RGB (although the 64GB RAM total would be definitely cool😂) so the dummy sticks should just do the trick!
there are dummy sticks? :O maybe i should look into that, would love to have all slots filled too xD

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I would leave the BIOS alone for the cooling. All you will likely effect is the pump speed (and maybe not even that as it'll likely ignore the PWM).

You want to use iCue for the CPU cooler.

For the GPU, most fan software should work but I would recommend MSI Afterburner to control all things GPU.

loso64

there are dummy sticks? :O maybe i should look into that, would love to have all slots filled too xD
yeah, found them here in denmark :D ordered a kit of two dummy sticks, for around 45 euro with delivery (dang expensive denmark prices xD)

TomBerry

Bright Spark
I would leave the BIOS alone for the cooling. All you will likely effect is the pump speed (and maybe not even that as it'll likely ignore the PWM).

You want to use iCue for the CPU cooler.

For the GPU, most fan software should work but I would recommend MSI Afterburner to control all things GPU.
I've used iCue to try and slow the case fans (it seems to be the rear case fan making the most noise), it's on the "Quiet" preset but still quite noisy. When I'm in the BIOS the PC is super quiet so not sure what's going on there!
I'll make sure to change everything back to normal then in the BIOS if that's not really anything to mess with :)

With the GPU I've not touched anything with this, fans kick in at 55c I'm sure. Do you recommend changing this to a lower/higher speed?

yeah, found them here in denmark :D ordered a kit of two dummy sticks, for around 45 euro with delivery (dang expensive denmark prices xD)
I'm tempted to buy them too! Will need to think about it :p