what are we all doing today?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Morning All

Just thought I'd start a new thread, What are we all doing today? Are you working very hard at work? Uni? School? Are you just browsing? Or passing time?

I'm sat in uni, doing nothing at all.

tom

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Sat in work, eating lunch (yeh, that's right, 10am lunch! :D )

Then, will work very hard...for at least an hour, then the rest of the day try and get away with doing as little as possible whilst appearing to do a lot.

Its amazing how playing on flash games on Kongregate can sound like you are very busy :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Sat in work, eating lunch (yeh, that's right, 10am lunch! :D )

Then, will work very hard...for at least an hour, then the rest of the day try and get away with doing as little as possible whilst appearing to do a lot.

hmmmm....lunch sounds nice. I hate having to look busy when I'm not, 4 years in the army was spent "looking" busy.

Petchi b

Just had my Weetabix and chilling..for now. Maybe a bit of gaming soon, then will have to get ready for work, 3pm-11pm...but late shifts can be exciting so we'll see.

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Busy taking Helpdesk calls at the moment, all the while browsing various webpages to make it look like I'm doing more work.

TudorVII

Enthusiast
lol what company do you work for? Don't worry I grass on you or anything.

Ah, now that would be telling. It's an internal Helpdesk we run, it's not my main job I'm just having to cover the calls while our main Helpdesk operator is on leave.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Ah, now that would be telling. It's an internal Helpdesk we run, it's not my main job I'm just having to cover the calls while our main Helpdesk operator is on leave.

Oh so its not like you have customers calling up and screaming at you because of a random reason that has nothing to do with you?

Rakk

The Awesome
I'm sitting at work, sorting out some SQL code, and surfing these forums, and preparing for a con call with a company who's web service we are using, and I'm planning on making them squirm again by pointing out a few more errors/issues of theirs (these con calls are a lot more fun now that we have the upper hand :))

And waiting for my next snack time (11am) - I'm hungry.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I'm sitting at work, sorting out some SQL code, and surfing these forums, and preparing for a con call with a company who's web service we are using, and I'm planning on making them squirm again by pointing out a few more errors/issues of theirs (these con calls are a lot more fun now that we have the upper hand :))

And waiting for my next snack time (11am) - I'm hungry.

As I read "con call" as meaning something completely different than it was meant, I just imagined you diddling the web service provider out of lots of money :D

Rakk

The Awesome
As I read "con call" as meaning something completely different than it was meant, I just imagined you diddling the web service provider out of lots of money :D

Well, thats probably better for them than what I want to do to them - the word 'strangling' comes to mind :)

TudorVII

Enthusiast
Oh so its not like you have customers calling up and screaming at you because of a random reason that has nothing to do with you?

Oh I do, pretty much every day in fact. The problem is that they can effectively "call rank" on me, or basically BS me that everything they do earns money for the company and so needs everything they want whenever they want it.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
it would be amazing if i had been sent my access code yet and as far as i know its not starting till 12 noon but if i dont get the code il be going apes**t i preordered moh for bf3 beta and still have no code and to make it worse EA customer support is probably the worse in the world so im hesitant to contact them.

Rakk

The Awesome
Haha, well now I'm just sitting at home doing nothing, was going to be working from home this afternoon, but apparently the static ip address on my work machine has changed so my remote connection no longer works on it (and of course the person who sorts all this stuff out is not in the current office at the moment).
So more forum trawling :):)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Haha, well now I'm just sitting at home doing nothing, was going to be working from home this afternoon, but apparently the static ip address on my work machine has changed so my remote connection no longer works on it (and of course the person who sorts all this stuff out is not in the current office at the moment).
So more forum trawling :):)

You not use something like DynDNS, i never have to worry about my ip address changing that way.

Rakk

The Awesome
You not use something like DynDNS, i never have to worry about my ip address changing that way.

Not sure what we use to be honest, the only thing I know is that is does rely on the IP of the target machine, and it's currently looking in the wrong place for it :)