What clean up program to keep laptop running fine?

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
Used to use Iobit Advanced System care free but i am sure this it what caused my latest reason to refresh Windows.

I do you CCleaner, what else would be a good program?

floking96

Silver Level Poster
In my opinion, CCleaner is the best, but only in conjunction with windows default cleaning tools, such as the defragmenter and disk cleanup (disk cleanup removes some files that Cleaner isn't authorized to edit) I do each of these once a month, in total it takes about an hour and i've never had much of a problem. advanced system care is a good program however has been known on occasion to remove files that you don't want to be removing, so I never use it, not worth the risk! Some antivirus software may have some tools available to help keep your PC clean but that's normally not that important.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Every 1-2weeks I run CCleaner, disk cleanup and defrag. I also find my Norton 360 to be brilliant; the scans are very quick and efficient and they offer lots of tuneup'y cleany things to.

I wouldn't worry too much about maintenance, just a frequent cleanup and defrag is more than enough in my opinion :) Just never defrag with the mind set of "yea I'll do a quick defrag".... never happens.