What happens if I miss a delivery?

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Heya,

I'm getting a pc this week and on friday I got emailed to say that it has entered the testing & configuration stage and that afterward it would go into QC. I haven't been emailed to tell me that it's in QC yet, and its status on the Orders page is that it is in Testing, so if that is right then today it will go into QC for 24-48 hours, then be dispatched most likely on tuesday for wednesday delivery.

How long does, in reality, QC take? Closer to 24 or 48 hours? Since this will determine when it gets dispatched.

And if I miss the delivery, do I have the choice of collecting it from somewhere, or do I have to re-arrange a delivery? (the latter seemed like the only option somewhere I read on the site). If it's a daytime delivery (between 8 and 4) then I can only be home to get the delivery ontuesday or thursday, but not on wednesday, so if its going to come on wednesday, is it possible to get PCS to dispatch it one day later or something? (without paying for a saturday deilvery or whatever)

Cheers

Keir

Last edited:

Gorman

Author Level
Hi, if a delivery is missed the driver will leave a card which you can use to arrange collection from the depot. The default behaciour of the courier is to attempt delivery two more times in the following days before routing it back to us if they do not hear from you.

If you would like it to be held back for dispatch on a specific day then please give us a call to arrange this.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
I've come across the "Dispatch On or After Date" function on the website. If I select a date - lets say this wednesday - is it, in reality, going to be dispatched on that day for next-day delivery? The site says "It cannot be used to specify an exact date to dispatch your order on." but I'm thinking that's in occasional circumstances.

Thanks

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Never mind, I've just talked to a Live Support representative and he has put a note on my order to dispatch it on wednesday.

Thanks anyway :)