What is the difference between TFT and LED screens ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

Enthusiast
What is the difference between TFT and LED screens ?
Seriously what's the difference? can someone tell me ?
since i was thinking about choosing TFT instead of LED since it seems to be cheaper.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
The main difference comes with the backlighting. TFT screens have ccfl back lighting, LED ones have LED back lighting (surprisingly ;D !). LED backlights have less flicker and are more efficient than CCFLs but are usually not quite as bright and don't reproduce colours quite as well as the spectrum of light isn't as good on cheaper LEDs. However, on better quality screens, the colour is very good, the llyama screens use high quality LEDs so don't worry, the colour spectrum is still good. I would definately go for the llyama screens. They are a lot better, response, colour etc.

Raptor

Enthusiast
ok thank you
and what about the
AMD FIREPRO™ V4800 PRO vs AMD RADEON™ HD6850

which one you think is better if you don't mind me asking :p

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I am not certain, have absolutely no knowledge on the Firepro series but I think the 6850 will be better for gaming, the firepro will be better for graphics design.

morowe

Bronze Level Poster
its a bit of a con really, LED tvs are not really anything different apart from how there lit. I did some research on this a while ago and its really interesting how screens actually work... but I'm guessing you just want an overview.

Gorman

Author Level
I do prefer the LED's as they do not create the same bleeding as TFT.

Imagine a dark movie, the lighting tube is at the bottom of the screen so the nearer the bottom the more the colour shifts from black to grey.

This is demonstrated in the pic below.

1584073789_25005e973b_o.jpg

morowe

Bronze Level Poster
Personaly id want Oled ;) or amoled. but i guess if i was gonna buy one now LED? =/ not 100% tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.