What motherboard?

zalmoxis

Bronze Level Poster
Why isn't there no mention of any motherboard anywhere in the specifications?

I'd like to know for example, what is the exact model of the motherboard used on the Optimus 13.3" - among other things, there are some important specifications when making a decision - such as: is mSATA SATA2 or SATA3?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I have never seen motherboard details included when purchasing a laptop. You may want to contact PCS directly or get the clevo model number to get it from their website.

zalmoxis

Bronze Level Poster
You're joking, right? The motherboard is one of the most important components in a computer. How can you have never seen that listed. Who even buys a laptop, not to mention a CUSTOM built one, without knowing what motherboard they are getting?

I don't know where from you've been getting your electronics, but I don't see how I'm supposed to know what I'm getting if the motherboard isn't listed. Knowing if you're getting SATA2 or SATA3 is a pretty big deal in terms of performance.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I bought it from dell and an asus laptop reseller. No mention of the type of motherboard for the laptop when I purchased it.

zalmoxis

Bronze Level Poster
I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in the manual. Open it.

I don't know if PCS laptops come with a manual, but if they do, I'd love one for the 13.3" Optimus.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in the manual. Open it.

I don't know if PCS laptops come with a manual, but if they do, I'd love one for the 13.3" Optimus.

I though you are referring to the type/model of motherboard indicated in the website which I don't think it is shown at PCS or any other retailer I know, I got a manual for the vortex and I believe it is indicated there but your query is for the Optimus and that's why I advices you to contact PCS directly.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
All the information about a laptop is given under the "features" and "detailed specification" tabs,not sure what else you would need to know.
The manual for the laptop I got from PCS was on a CD disk.

zalmoxis

Bronze Level Poster
vanthus I need to know the motherboard so I can make a decision.

For example: Choosing mSATA is not worth it if the SATA is SATA2 and not SATA3. Some motherboards run SATA2 for mSATA.

Another example: Choice of RAM, all things equal, I can choose normal Kingston or Kingston HyperX Impact. The difference being that the latter auto-overclock to the highest supported bus speed of the motherboard. I want to know what that is, because if the highest is still 1600 Mhz then paying extra for the HyperX Impact makes no real difference and I'd be better off going with the first.

There are loads of such things.

This is why I'm building a custom laptop, because I want to know and choose these things based on how I want my system to run.

There's no point in having a manual on a CD and not available online, since I don't want to buy a laptop with my eyes closed only to find out the specifications after I pay for it - that makes no sense.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
vanthus I need to know the motherboard so I can make a decision.

For example: Choosing mSATA is not worth it if the SATA is SATA2 and not SATA3. Some motherboards run SATA2 for mSATA.

Another example: Choice of RAM, all things equal, I can choose normal Kingston or Kingston HyperX Impact. The difference being that the latter auto-overclock to the highest supported bus speed of the motherboard. I want to know what that is, because if the highest is still 1600 Mhz then paying extra for the HyperX Impact makes no real difference and I'd be better off going with the first.

There are loads of such things.

This is why I'm building a custom laptop, because I want to know and choose these things based on how I want my system to run.

There's no point in having a manual on a CD and not available online, since I don't want to buy a laptop with my eyes closed only to find out the specifications after I pay for it - that makes no sense.
Fair enough,if the information you require isn't available on the configurator, probably best give PCS a call.