What music player do you use?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hey everyone,

so, I've stopped using itunes as my music looks mess in the library, plus starting to get a real dislike of apple due to their recent behavior.

so made a switch to win media player, seems to work well enough on my pc. I also use Amazon cloud Mp3 player, ideal for my phone.

So what do you guys use and why?

Tom

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Itunes. Why? I am used to it and it is too much hassle to change :) I occassionally use itunes to rent movies or buy songs.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Spotify and WMM for any odd mp3s which is rare.

You know you can add your own tracks to your spotify playlists right?

I use Spotify and the standard Android Music Player on my phone (Play Music I think its called) I used to use iTunes but I think its horrible and is one of the worst windows programs I know of (another scheme from apple to get you on their side)

I use TuneIn Radio quite a bit as well when im bored of the music on my tablet/iPod

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I use VLC media player,as it can handle almost all file formats,not sure what other features it has regarding phones etc.

rickne

Master Poster
Yeah see my methods aren't always agreeable. Lets leave it at that . Spotify is perfect for me. Shed loads of choice without the bloat and the cost. I can take it anywhere with my smart phone including the gym with its wifi. Don't need alot else.

Rakk

The Awesome
I use iTunes, but that's cos I have an iPod so kind of need iTunes anyway

rickne

Master Poster
Spotify is nothing like limewire dont worry. This is all above board. IT streams high quality mp3s direct to your pc or handheld device.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
plus starting to get a real dislike of apple due to their recent behavior.

I can agree with this, all these lawsuits etc are just stupid, for rounded edges and the bounce back on menus (rubber band effect)

Apparently the samsung galaxy tab looks like an iPad, its the top left one and bottom left is the iPad, they look nothing alike
Samsung-galaxy-tab2-10-1-02.jpg

fast reply lol, you not stalking me are you.... haha

I thought spotify was similar to limewire or something...

No Spotify is perfectly legal, it is just music streaming and you have to listen to adverts every few songs to cover the costs, and you can get premium to remove adverts amongst other features, the only problem with Spotify is that it requires you login with your Facebook account, and I don't want everyone seeing what I listen to tbh

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks guys,

lol wozza, i aint got nothing nice to say about apple haha, i used to have a ipod so was forced to use it, then started buying music and renting movies.

I use amazon for mp3 downloads nowdays. Apple not having my money, will give it someone else instead :)

I used to use VLC for movies, so will dl that again, forgot about it. cheers vanthus.

winamp, heard of that too, how is it?

Narcotics

Rising Star
thanks guys,

lol wozza, i aint got nothing nice to say about apple haha, i used to have a ipod so was forced to use it, then started buying music and renting movies.

I use amazon for mp3 downloads nowdays. Apple not having my money, will give it someone else instead :)

I used to use VLC for movies, so will dl that again, forgot about it. cheers vanthus.

It's a great player with custom skins http://www.winamp.com/skin/ebonite-2-0/222012

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
thanks guys,

Due to having completely different OSs on my devices (Android tablet, soon to be WP8 phone, W7 desktop, iOS iPod) I am currently not buying music online, I will usually just listen to it on spotify for free or I will buy it at the shop, I'm not sure what music player WinPhone8 will use although I think Nokia have their own music player and store)

For everything video, I use Media Player Classic, although Ive had a couple of problems with switching the install to another drive its a very solid player and plays any format i throw at it flawlessly, its simple to use, lightweight, and has lots of awesome shortcuts to speed up viewing (ie arrow keys are +-5 secs)

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Well, it depends! Winamp imo, is a little bloated and doesn't look so good (at least when I last tried it). It also didn't sound the best. Footbar2000 has a nice clean ui and sounds very good. However, if you are using low bit rate mp3s, you may not notice the difference. I use itunes when I am on windows because I have my iPod, and I don't really use windows as much. When I am on linux, I use banshee, I did like rhythmbox but it caused a mess with my songs for some reason. Banshee seems to be doing alright. Anyway, that's my two cents old chap, hope it helps!!