What' your steam download region?

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
once your on steam, click steam, settings, download and cloud... and tell me which download region your in?

Mine was in the netherlands and i was getting a download rate of about 1.3mbs
changed it to the middle of nowhere (ahem indonesia) thinking it will be faster, was getting 86bytes -.-
Tried UK London, and get nothing -.-

Rakk

The Awesome
Mine is set to London, tends to start off at 1.1 to 1.2MB, but often after about 5 mins it drops down to about 200-300KB :(

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Hmm mines set to London and it is one of the best download speeds for me out of any other site....get rapidly increasing speeds to 2.1-2.3mb (never higher) nearly every time and doesnt really ever go below this unless i play on a steam game online and then force resume download. :) Long may it continue lol

petrow

Gold Level Poster
Mine is set to London, re-downloaded Battlefield Bad Company 2 the other night 1.2mb the whole time.

PokerFace

Banned
Netherlands also.
Downloading Splinter Cell at the moment and averaging 322KB/s :(

When I go in Steam>Settings>Downloads+Cloud there is a dropdown box for "Approximate speed of your internet connection". Its was showing as DSL>256k, but does let me select another setting. What is this for? I changed it to 756k not expecting it to do anything different to my DL speed and HEY!...for once I was right!!...It did nothing :(