Which GFX Card??

nitetime

I will shortly be ordering a new gaming PC (possibly Vortex 1000), but I'm torn as which gfx card is better (I'm a WoW nut if that helps) - the Geforce GTX 560 Ti or the 2GB AMD RADEON HD 6950?
My current monitor's res is 1920 x 1080 , perhaps 2gb on the radeon card would be an advantage?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Tom DWC

2GB of memory won't make much difference over 1GB at 1920x1080 but the HD 6950 is a better card than the GTX 560 for gaming purposes.

russellg

I would check the reviews, some games are better with the GTX 560 (especially the factory overclocked cards) and some with the 6950.

A 1gb card if fine at that resolution.

The 6950->6970 bios upgrade has been causing some people a few problems so I'd be careful if you were buying the 6950 for that purpose.

Gorman

Author Level
I would check the reviews, some games are better with the GTX 560 (especially the factory overclocked cards) and some with the 6950.

A 1gb card if fine at that resolution.

The 6950->6970 bios upgrade has been causing some people a few problems so I'd be careful if you were buying the 6950 for that purpose.

Following on from this please also be aware that flashing the firware of the card will void the warranty.

Fej

Bronze Level Poster
But theres a switch on the card to reset the BIOS settings if you flashed it to a 6970, so how would you know? :p

Edit; and are you also still supplying the P67 and H67 motherboards because Intel said theres a design fault which will kill the sata ports overtime

nitetime

Cheers for the advice, I have gone with the Radeon. Sorry to be a pain, but what make and model is the TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER ??

ty.

UPDATE: (had a change of heart and opted for the 560 - friend said its better for WoW, which is my main game as it were - think I'd be happy with either tbh! All these cards are soooo confusing - im still unsure, different reviews favor different cards))

Last edited:

Tom DWC

It's a Titan cooler:

Superior in its performance, this cooler possesses a copper base, aluminum fins, and three heatpipes which accelerate heat conductivity and effectively transmit heat to the fins. A 9 cm super quiet fan will halp draw heat away from your PC. Besides, tool-free clip design enables an easy installation. Best of all, It provides a comprehensive thermal solution for Intel and AMD systems.

1_big.jpg

nitetime

I'm curious about the GTX 560 Ti. Is it an overclocked version by Palit? Plus isn't there now a 2gb version of this card - if so will u guys be stocking it?

Matt

Bright Spark
A lot of games these days are using more and more memory. At 1920x1080 1 gig is not always enough. Always a safe bet to have more memory imo.

russellg

At 1920*1080 a 1Gb is more than enough. WOW is as much CPU dependent as GPU so you'l need a balanced system.

The extra £'s on a 2GB card would be better spent on a faster 1gb card, once you get over 1900*1200 then you should consider a 2gb graphics card.

Last edited: