Whiskey 🥃

AgentCooper

RIP Julee Cruise ☹️
I spotted these and immediately thought of @AgentCooper .

I remember you talking about glasses at some point.

What’s everyone’s favourite tipple?
Interesting! I like the concept, although I’d need a certain set of peaks involved to really get behind it…

74ECF3B3-6CED-4E96-B521-FE9A8202F7A4.jpeg

Steveyg

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
At the minute Redbreast although I am partial to that Jameson Stout Edition if I don't fancy spending £40 on a bottle

Tullamore Dew is always welcome along with Roe n Coe too though

I might have a partial bias towards my islands Whiskey though

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got a nice Auchentoshan 3 wood, and also an Auchentoshan American oak at the moment, the latter was on offer in Sainsbury's the other week, down to £22

Les Whyte

I've got a nice Auchentoshan 3 wood, and also an Auchentoshan American oak at the moment, the latter was on offer in Sainsbury's the other week, down to £22
Very nice, however, as a Scot I have to point out that this is "whisky" rather than this threads title 😜. My current tipple is Laphroaig 10yo from Islay.

AgentCooper

RIP Julee Cruise ☹️
Jameson Stout Edition if I don't fancy spending £40 on a bottle
Great shout, the Stout Edition is a really good sipping choice for those on a budget. I picked one up with the remainder of an Amazon gift card and was very impressed.

Insane.Pringle

Gold Level Poster
prefer a tipple of dewars 40yr single malt.. but sadly way out of my budget :cry: (last i saw a 70cl bottle of it cost north of £400)

that being said i'm mostly teetotal these days

DISCOSPARTA

Boogie Warrior
prefer a tipple of dewars 40yr single malt.. but sadly way out of my budget :cry: (last i saw a 70cl bottle of it cost north of £400)

that being said i'm mostly teetotal these daysf

fun fact, if you spend 400 pounds on a bottle of whisky, you can both keep the drink sealed, lie down and hungover all at the same time.

Insane.Pringle

Gold Level Poster
fun fact, if you spend 400 pounds on a bottle of whisky, you can both keep the drink sealed, lie down and hungover all at the same time.
if thats the case for a £400 bottle of whisky i wonder what a £5000 bottle of it does (that was the most expensive bottle my old workplace sold tho you could get even more expensive ones at heathrow/Gatwick)

Steveyg

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah...although I will admit that my consumption of Whiskey has always been the Jack Daniels variety and used as a way to get quickly drunk when I was a student....order a quadruple of it and down in one go :eek:
I like Jack but it's barely whiskey, I'd recommend trying one sometime especially one of the lighter sipping whiskeys like a Roe n Coe or a Tullamore and see how you get on. Not overly expensive then again not sure where you are from mate, may not be available in bars and such which means buying a whole bottle. This would be a stretch just to see if you like it in fairness

AgentCooper

RIP Julee Cruise ☹️
I’ll be the pedant and mention that American bourbon and sour mash liquor is actually whiskey, not whisky. We’re two nations divided by a common language… and a great big ocean, thank gawd.

@JustARandomPerson - If you do want to give a decent sipping bourbon a go, Maker’s Mark 46 occasionally pops up on cheap on Amazon. If you see a bottle of that for around £25, it’s well worth treating yourself 👍

Steveyg

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’ll be the pedant and mention that American bourbon and sour mash liquor is actually whiskey, not whisky. We’re two nations divided by a common language… and a great big ocean, thank gawd.

@JustARandomPerson - If you do want to give a decent sipping bourbon a go, Maker’s Mark 46 occasionally pops up on cheap on Amazon. If you see a bottle of that for around £25, it’s well worth treating yourself 👍
I like the yank Whiskys but I do think there is something distinct about them that sets them apart from Irish and Scotch Whiskey to warrant a different name

They definitely have very different flavour profiles but then again maybe I'm getting too hung up on labels, they taste great for the most part

AgentCooper

RIP Julee Cruise ☹️
I like the yank Whiskys but I do think there is something distinct about them that sets them apart from Irish and Scotch Whiskey to warrant a different name
Scottish stuff is made only using barley grain. American stuff can have anything in but it’s usually rye. That’s what lends it a sweeter taste.

And don't forget the Irish and Welsh
I do like Crested Ten, as part of the Jameson’s range. That’s a good one to enjoy neat. But I think they might have rebranded it with a new name. Only tried Penderyn from Wales and wasn’t massively keen on it. Wasn’t bad, just not for my palate.

Steveyg

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I do like Crested Ten, as part of the Jameson’s range. That’s a good one to enjoy neat. But I think they might have rebranded it with a new name. Only tried Penderyn from Wales and wasn’t massively keen on it. Wasn’t bad, just not for my palate.
It's just called Jameson Crested now mate and I think it's part of the Caskmates line with a new label, I'm a fan of it too anything aged in a sherry cask I tend to enjoy