Why are the prices increasing?

wereireland

Enthusiast
I was just curious because i looked at a spec about 3 months ago and i looked an the same spec today, but it was more expensive? Is it because the companies have slowed down production in anticipation of the new amd and nvidia cards coming out in a couple of months?Also when the new 6XX series and the 7XXX series release will the prices of the 500 and 6000 series increase or decrease?

P.S Sorry for not been active the last couple of months.

Maestro

A few months ago the dollar rate was 1.67 to the pound. Today its hovering around 1.6. Most it components are purchased in dollars so this puts the price up. Almost always when new generation of gpu comes out they simply discontinue the older generation.

Also note that due to the disaster in Thailand the cost of HDD's is rocketing. This will start to feed through to the total cost of a pc very quickly and cause considerable prices rises.

Last edited:

wereireland

Enthusiast
You buy your products from america? Do you buy from a place like newegg or directly from the company. Can you even buy directly from the company. WAIT i know what to do. Play the stock market! Buy all the frozen orange juice nbni\dginmb\ now sell it argghhh what am i saying!!!! Dance danse like its like the last night of your life cause baby tonight the grnoarN djs got us falling in love....

Wait wut?

Maestro

No, all suppliers / manufacturers of IT products globally, price there goods in dollars. The dollar is after all the global currency. For anyone buying in volume direct from the far east etc, price is always in dollars. Even when we buy from suppliers in the uk, they have bought from manufacturers in the far east etc, and will have paid in dollars. So the dollar rate affects pretty much all goods imported into the uk from outside the eurozone.