Wifi Dilema

Munj

Hi I bought my PC a while back and it has been connect directly to my bt homehub. However since ive gone to uni as i didnt install a wireless card i cant access the internet. I want to buy something that connects up to a homehub wirelessly that i can then connect up to my pc. can anyone tell me what they are called and if possible send me a link on amazon to some good ones.
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Boozad

Prolific Poster
You could either buy a PCI-E Wireless card to fit into your PC or a pair of homeplugs. Homeplugs use your electrical ring main to carry ethernet signal through your plug sockets, run an ethernet cable from your router to one homeplug close by, then an ethernet cable from the other homeplug to your PC, this effectively gives you a hard wired connection.

Munj

Hi yeah I'm not really very good with putting this kind of stuff in it seems quite simply but even so also my case is from an old dell dimension so I'm not sure it'll be compatible just wondering with the USB if it can be used on desktops as well cos most of the reviews have been done with laptops