Windos Issue?

Gamer_1

Hi there.

My Desktop has been running fine ever since i bought it last year, i went to turn it on today and for some reason when it starts it has an option to run windows normally or start up system repair.

i thought this was a bit strange as it was running fine the previous night when i turned it off with no issues.

i then go to system repair and it tells me that the problem is an external device that has been plugged into my computer, now i know for a fact this isnt the case because i havent plugged anything into my computer within the last 24 hours.

It also doesnt really hint what the problem is, and i try to system restore and nothing works, it just keeps freezing on the windows screen and doesnt even manage to make it to the log in screen.

now i know this isnt really a lot to go on, so if someone wants to contact my skype, or private message me i could give you a more thorough explanation as to whats happened.

thank you very much!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I had the same issue a few weeks ago,I suspected it was something to do with the keyboard or mouse,but as a shot in the dark I tried a start-up repair from the OS disk which fixed the issue,so maybe worth a try.
Instructions are given in the Welcome Booklet.

Last edited:

Gamer_1

I havent got an OS Disk? I only got the Windows 7 Disk, A nero 12 disk, and some that came with my GFX Card.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Ok what you need to do is unplug everything from your computer. I would do everything, even speakers just EVERYTHING that's plugged in both to the back and front

Now boot it again and see what it says, it will probably go into 'recovery mode' again so just plug in the keyboard and tell it to do whatever it asks. See if that lets you boot.

This kind of thing is mostly caused by a USB device

Gamer_1

Ok got you, problem is it doesnt even get as far as the login screen, so i can't actually log onto my computer. i'll try and take everything out and turn it on without anything in.

will keep you updated.

Gamer_1

Ok nothing is happening, took everything out, still only comes up with the option of system repair, and normal, ( Normal doesnt even load ) And system repair just keeps coming back with the message about media devices.. Surely something has to be wrong with the system, A faulty device shouldnt restrict me from actually logging onto my computer?

It doesnt even give me an option to run it in safemode to do a full factory restore there.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Have you tried a start-up repair from the operating system disk as suggested in post 2.
Instructions are given in the Welcome Booklet.

Gamer_1

I'm really not a hit with computers, when they go wrong i suffer haha.

How do i prioritise my computer so that it starts up from the disk? Because right now i put the disk in restart my computer and it completely ignores it.

thank you agian.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Tapping F8 key on startup as per welcome booklet should bring you to boot menu,failing that you can set optical drive (DVD drive) to first boot in bios,you may want to have a look at motherbard manual on how to do that,as bios settings can differ depending on what motherboard you have.

Last edited: