Windows 7 drivers for printer and monitor

Camerashy

Silver Level Poster
My new computer will have windows 7 64 bit installed.
does this mean that I will have to download and install new drivers for my epson 1400 printer and Dell E228WFP monitor.
Only I cant find my monitor model on the Dell website under Windows 7 driver downloads and on the Epson website it says ''If your Epson CD does not indicate support for Windows 7, DO NOT INSERT YOUR EPSON PRODUCT SOFTWARE CD IN YOUR WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER''.
Any ideas please.
Dave

Camerashy

Silver Level Poster
Thanks Steve /Simo - that is where I have been looking and it looks as if there are new drivers for the 1400 but cant find anything for the monitor.
After download will they install automatically and once the printer is plugged in will it find them.

Last edited:

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
I have an epson printer but different type, what i did was download the exe file and run it. The turned printer on and went to devices and printers and "add printer" and then win 7 picked it up ok.
As for monitor wouldn't worry about drivers for that if you can find them windows generic drivers will work fine.

Camerashy

Silver Level Poster
Thanks mate, will do as you suggest when the computer arrives.....just trying to get everything sorted at the moment so the transition is easy.

Gorman

Author Level
Windows 7 has an absoultely huge driver base and most things will just literally plug and play. When that fails attach the hardware and run windows update as suggested above. The driver base on windows update is even bigger.

Sleinous

Author Level
As Gorman said, i'm 99% certain both will install. Heck, they even have a 64bit driver for my old HP Deskjet 810C lol...