Windows 8 Really?

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i have my 6 core atm unless windows 8 really beefs up the power of the orochi i dont see a point in me getting one besides i have better things to spend my money on atm like 2 more screens.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
theres no need to upgrade from a 6 core then, im assuming its a phenom? it shouldnt be causing you any problems for a long while, so stick with that

NMEBowen

Master Poster
no no problems its just my motherboard was designed for the bulldozer so i have this thought rattling around that it would make my system more stable when overclocking as im yet to overclock without bsod.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Was a great OS. Maybe replace great with ok

Nope I stand by my statement, it was and still is a great OS. Extremely stable, especially for windows, not over complicated, no stupid administrator crap that makes vista + annoying. After SP2 came out its the Windows OS of choice for me, I run 7 just because I have a few programs that require it, however my servers tend to run xp where I have a choice of windows.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it was a great OS, extremely stable, i mainly prefer windows 7 because of the tools and stuff, and that i cant really play the latest games on XP

UndeadJack

Master Poster
no no problems its just my motherboard was designed for the bulldozer so i have this thought rattling around that it would make my system more stable when overclocking as im yet to overclock without bsod.

Wait for piledriver, which is AM3+ (last iteration I think)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
hmmm, things to consider half the reason i went for the 8 core was cause i thought it was the end and would have no chance of upgrading later, not that it really needs it anyway, mine will be a beast for years to come on gaming, ill only need to change the graphics cards :)

UndeadJack

Master Poster
hmmm, things to consider half the reason i went for the 8 core was cause i thought it was the end and would have no chance of upgrading later, not that it really needs it anyway, mine will be a beast for years to come on gaming, ill only need to change the graphics cards :)

is it 8 core as in multi threading or 8 true cores?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it is kinda multi threading as far as i know yes, its 4 modules, with 2 cores within each, when doing certain tasks, the combined cores can basically be unlocked to be used more ike really powerful 4 cores

this is basically how it works with each module containing 2 cores, its basically the same with the quad and six core, they are basically dual/tri cores
amd_bulldozer_fx8150_die.jpg

UndeadJack

Master Poster
it is kinda multi threading as far as i know yes, its 4 modules, with 2 cores within each, when doing certain tasks, the combined cores can basically be unlocked to be used more ike really powerful 4 cores

this is basically how it works with each module containing 2 cores, its basically the same with the quad and six core, they are basically dual/tri cores
View attachment 748

Cool :) +Rep for info