Windows 8

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
I'm guessing that it'll be similar to what Windows 7 cost when it was released:
Home Premium Edition: £149.99
Professional Edition: £219.99
Ultimate Edition: £229.99

Although, since it's being designed for tablets and other devices the cost may be lower.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Hence it should not be for a computer! :p

How about before judging as everyone else seems to be doing, wait until its released. I for one think that it will be great both for pc and tablet, 7 was deffinately a step in the right direction and I think 8 will continue to step in the right direction. I also dont think the metro design will affect those that dont want to use it in the slightest.

MadMan

Super Star
+rep Frenchy. I agree, everyone's writing it off already. Windows 7 is great and 8 could be even better with new ideas and features bound to be included.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I like win 7, What could they include that will make win 8 better than 7?

Were you saying a similar thing to xp? I don't think that we can really judge win 8 until it comes out and we can all see properly. It doesn't look too different from win 7 but it will be interesting. We can't make assumptions yet!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Were you saying a similar thing to xp? I don't think that we can really judge win 8 until it comes out and we can all see properly. It doesn't look too different from win 7 but it will be interesting. We can't make assumptions yet!

I mean that i think win 7 is great, I just wonder what features win 8 has extra. I am in no way saying anything bad towards win 8.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Thing is its not just features on the surface but generally as an OS. Whether its better support for certain things, improved performance in certain areas, better security, increased developer API's etc etc the list is endless, for the general day to day user it might not be all that much (if any) of an improvement we will have to wait and see, but for the developer its likley, as is pretty much always the case with newer versions, to be an improvement on the last.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
I'm looking forward to it, as it is meant to have good performance with games. Hopefully Microsoft will do a Windows 7-style offer and sell HP for £50 if you pre-ordered.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I'm looking forward to it, as it is meant to have good performance with games. Hopefully Microsoft will do a Windows 7-style offer and sell HP for £50 if you pre-ordered.

yeh, im meant to be getting a big boost with my processor, despite having no problems so far, so there is no point in me getting it straight away

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I don't think Windows 8 will be good, great awesome, terrible average or bad. Because I don't know.

All I do know is that Windows 7 is awesome, especially the troubleshooter, that thing is fantastic. It was definitely an improvement, if Windows 8 is better than 7 in anyway then it will be an improvement.

I welcome and accept gradual improvements if, over time we have a great final product.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Really don't know what people have against vista, I've had it for nearly 5 years now and am yet to encounter a proper problem. Sure I've had unextractable files and the like, but on the whole those were faults of the developer not the computer. Honestly, I have done all sorts of things on my vista pc and haven't had a single problem. So I am happy with windows as it is. There wasn't a huge leap from vista to 7, but I liked that and I don't particularly want things to change. Hence I'm not looking forward to 8, which will undoubtedly have some major changes in it.

Ah well, at least it'll be cheaper to pick up an 'old' OS once 8 is out... ;)

NMEBowen

Master Poster
better hyperthreading support, xbox live, kinnect support and im sure many other toys and tools will make windows 8 a great user OS.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Really don't know what people have against vista, I've had it for nearly 5 years now and am yet to encounter a proper problem. Sure I've had unextractable files and the like, but on the whole those were faults of the developer not the computer. Honestly, I have done all sorts of things on my vista pc and haven't had a single problem. So I am happy with windows as it is. There wasn't a huge leap from vista to 7, but I liked that and I don't particularly want things to change. Hence I'm not looking forward to 8, which will undoubtedly have some major changes in it.

Ah well, at least it'll be cheaper to pick up an 'old' OS once 8 is out... ;)

Vista is OK for general web browsing, but it uses too much RAM and is pretty slow, I wouldn't use it for anything else. May as well use XP tbh.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it will probably be sold as a tablet or PC version, the tablet will use much less but also have less features enabled automatically