Windows 8

I think what windows should do is make an OS which uses as little RAM as possible and is as geared towards gaming as possible. Pretty much the only things windows is used for are gaming and office work. Then release a second version of the OS for office work. The fact that they're designing it for tablets then sticking it in a computer annoys me

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
to be honest am not going to judge it, untill i tried it, or wait to its realsed and watch reviews of it on youtube xD. Some people just dont like change, some dont mind it. I can see where people think because its for tablets aswell it will suck for pc, but who knows only time will tell really. i probaly wont get it though ill stick with windows 7 untill i get new another pc hehe :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I think what windows should do is make an OS which uses as little RAM as possible and is as geared towards gaming as possible. Pretty much the only things windows is used for are gaming and office work. Then release a second version of the OS for office work. The fact that they're designing it for tablets then sticking it in a computer annoys me

So im guessing you know the dev process and exactly what their coders are working on and that they are specifically designing for tablet architecture then porting to pc? News to me tbh, what has been said is that they are designing it with tablets in mind, hence the metro UI, this does not mean that they are designing for tablet then bringing to PC.

Also releasing two versions of an OS would be a sure way for them to lose money.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
So im guessing you know the dev process and exactly what their coders are working on and that they are specifically designing for tablet architecture then porting to pc? News to me tbh, what has been said is that they are designing it with tablets in mind, hence the metro UI, this does not mean that they are designing for tablet then bringing to PC.

Also releasing two versions of an OS would be a sure way for them to lose money.

Two version of an OS as in, not like home business ultimate not like that?

because if he means, Windows 8, then a completely seperate OS with a different GUI then yeah that's a bad idea.

No i mean 2 versions of an OS as in replacing the home premium, pro, ultimate and simply releasing an office version and a gaming version, then **** the tablet version because we all know Android and iOS will pwn anything Microsoft brings out

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
No i mean 2 versions of an OS as in replacing the home premium, pro, ultimate and simply releasing an office version and a gaming version, then **** the tablet version because we all know Android and iOS will pwn anything Microsoft brings out

Actually with the reaction the metro ui has gotten on windows phone 7 its pretty damn good.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i think the windows phone looks great and im starting to find iOS getting worse and worse, especially after using some convenient features from jailbreak

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
It may have had a good reaction but I still think windows mobile OS will never be as good as either iOS or Android

You could have said the same thing about android when it first launched considering the massive market shar iOS held, now look at them, android has taken over.

I think the fact that metro focuses on a task centralised design rather than an app one like the other two is actually a massive positive, and give it a year or so I think it will, with the right support from phone manufacturers, be as big as the other two.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
ive have a windows phone for a while now and havent really been bothered with apps il admit theres one or two i could have done with that apple offers but in general my htc windows phone cant be beaten:
-rugged, ive dropped the thing down the stairs more times than i can count with no damage whereas my mate dropped his 3gs down them last month and destroyed his phone.
-having microsoft programs such as word, excel on the phone has made work and general accounts easy on the go.
-xbox live so i can check my stats is good but being able to chat to mates when their on there X-box`s is awsome.
-hotmail just feels nicer when its not some bunk made by a none microsoft company.
and these are just a few things i think makes windows phones perfect for the type of user i am.

You could have said the same thing about android when it first launched considering the massive market shar iOS held, now look at them, android has taken over.

I think the fact that metro focuses on a task centralised design rather than an app one like the other two is actually a massive positive, and give it a year or so I think it will, with the right support from phone manufacturers, be as big as the other two.

Android would have taken over no problem, its less problematic than iOS and it is used by so many companies that there are a wide range of styles and prices. Also because of the removable back cover and more durable touch screen used by everyone they are less likely to break. Seriously iPod touch, waist high drop , smashed instantly, Galaxy S 2, been dropped and fell down 10 flights of stairs, all i had to do was put the battery and back cover back on and it was fine. Apple iOS devices rely only looking nice to get a market.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Really don't know what people have against vista, I've had it for nearly 5 years now and am yet to encounter a proper problem. Sure I've had unextractable files and the like, but on the whole those were faults of the developer not the computer. Honestly, I have done all sorts of things on my vista pc and haven't had a single problem. So I am happy with windows as it is. There wasn't a huge leap from vista to 7, but I liked that and I don't particularly want things to change. Hence I'm not looking forward to 8, which will undoubtedly have some major changes in it.

Ah well, at least it'll be cheaper to pick up an 'old' OS once 8 is out... ;)

my laptop would literally BSOD 3 + times a day. It was always a memory issue and I upgraded to crucial memory to no avail