Windows task bar flickering

I have just taken receipt of my new Vortex Gamer Extreme, however the windows taskbar continuely flickers whenever I do anything, it is plugged into a 24" BenQ LED monitor using a DVI-D cable, it has been tested on two separate monitors with different connections including VGA and DVI the only time it will not flicker is when I am using a HDMI cable, however this leaves about a 1" boarder around the screen, I am using dual monitors so I can only use one HDMI cable. I have uploaded a video as an example to what is happening. All the drivers are up to date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlSlGhbFHG8&feature=youtu.be

Case
COOLERMASTER COSMOS SE GAMING TOWER (Windowed)

Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-4670k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.20GHz)

Motherboard
ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE

Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)

Graphics Card
3GB AMD RADEON™ R9 280X - DVI, HDMI, DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 4 Capable

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)

2nd Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET (£79)

Processor Cooling
Corsair H60 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£59)

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Operating System
Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
I would try a clean install of the graphics driver whether up to date or not,
Open the Control Panel
Select Programs and Features
Select AMD Catalyst Install Manager.
Click on Change.
Click on Next when prompted for the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for AMD Catalyst Install Manager,
Select Express Uninstall All Software,
Follow the on-screen directions and restart the system when finished
To verify that the graphics driver has been uninstalled, return to the Uninstall or Change a Program list and ensure that there is no AMD specific software listed.
If AMD specific software is still listed, remove any remaining AMD software components using the above process and restart the system when complete.
Download latest driver from here.
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
The "1" boarder around the screen" when using HDMI can usually be fixed by adjusting scaling options,
Open catalyst control center(it may be called amd vision engine control)select "my digital flat panels"then "scaling options"then use the slider to fill the screen.

Thanks for the fix mate, I was using the beta version of the latest drivers, I have reverted back to the stable version and the flickering has gone, I have also found the HDMI scaling, which I must have missed the first time.

I also have another small issue with the WIFI connection, both antennas are attached and all bars of signal are full, only it is running quite slow and drops quite often, I have got a new router coming on Tuesday which may solve the problem but ut should be a 30mb connection I have at the minute, my laptop seems to work fine located at the same place as my desktop.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Thanks for the fix mate, I was using the beta version of the latest drivers, I have reverted back to the stable version and the flickering has gone, I have also found the HDMI scaling, which I must have missed the first time.

I also have another small issue with the WIFI connection, both antennas are attached and all bars of signal are full, only it is running quite slow and drops quite often, I have got a new router coming on Tuesday which may solve the problem but ut should be a 30mb connection I have at the minute, my laptop seems to work fine located at the same place as my desktop.
Glad that sorted it :)
Regarding the issue with the WIFI connection,have you tried moving the antennas,
there are quite a number of other possibilities though,distance,obstructions,interference,settings etc so it's pretty much trial and error really,sometimes it's also worth giving your ISP a call.