Wireless Network Card?

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
Might just be me being a plonker but...

My WAN card doesn't seem to want to work. Attached all the ariels to it and whatnot, but when I ask it to search for my router it tells me to plug an ethernet cable in. Is there an on switch for it somewhere and I'm just being daft?

Len

its cool mate enjoy that PC I can see you now hopping around the pc with a big grin putting them cables and discs in

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
Ugh. New problem. I put the CD in, choose autorun, the menu of the installation program loads up asking me to select a language, I press english, and then nothing. The CD drive just makes a weird noise repeatedly.

Len

SAME AND ITS HERE :D time for a herbal cig and some music and setting up my PC ;D
edit: you did open the PC and take out the padding?

Last edited:

Len

yeh because there may be padding, wasn't for mine but i would check lol as everyone elses had ive seen

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
No padding. If I had any erb I'd be enjoying some right now trust. Right the disk is reading now but I've got no idea which bloody make of wireless card it is. This is far harder then it should be!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
No padding. If I had any erb I'd be enjoying some right now trust. Right the disk is reading now but I've got no idea which bloody make of wireless card it is. This is far harder then it should be!
Check out device manager,but windows should have detected new hardware if software isnt already installed.

Goosey_J

Silver Level Poster
Fixed the issue. Thought I was going crazy lol, couldn't see the device in the device manager so rang up the PCS hotline and the dude said the wireless card had probably come dislodged in transit. Which it had. Drivers were already installed and the PC is now on the internet! Hooray!

PokerFace

Banned
Fixed the issue. Thought I was going crazy lol, couldn't see the device in the device manager so rang up the PCS hotline and the dude said the wireless card had probably come dislodged in transit. Which it had.

I blame the councils. They complain they have no money and so need to increase our rates, it's hardly surprising, they spend all the money on paying their employees double time to install speed bumps on Sunday evenings....don't they know peoples' new PC's are in the back of them vans!