Witcher 3

Fantana

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks Fantana, will definitely check it out :)

Aye, I was hedging my bets on Fallout 4, but that seems a bit dated compared to the Witcher 3 and not just graphically either. Very disappointed with the pc version - no fov slider, physics linked to framerate etc.

I'm disappointed with Fallout too. I get the kick of immersion more from the quality of a game's narrative, depth of characters and quality of quests, so my main dissatisfaction arises from the poor game story, shallow one-dimensional characters and meh voice acting. The quests were largely "go there, kill a bunch of stuff, bring back an item". Although Bethesda have never been the best at story telling I think it's time they started trying.

On the matter of graphics, yeah they're not up to 2015 standard. I mean putting the world textures aside, my biggest gripe in this regard is facial animations. They just look plain lazy and are jarring.

My own opinion is that the Witcher 3 has set the standard for what rpg's need to be in terms of graphics, gameplay and quality of quests, narrative and characters.

In Fallout 4 if you want to change the FOV, during the game just enter the command line by pressing ~ (sometimes ") and type "fov 110" or "fov" followed by any number, press enter, exit by pressing ~ (or ") again. The higher you go the wider the field of vision, experiment and find your sweet spot.