Working on a budget.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i doubt it, i think that some newer games have Crossfire compatibility already and i think by the end of the year it will be in majority of new games, i cant check because the newest PC games i have are CoDWaW and Sims 3, and Sims 3 is so graphics hungry... its about the only game i can actually play on my laptop :) and even that is at a struggle, stupid ass laptop

tom_gr7

Life Serving
thanks man :D

I actually stopped playing COD mw/bl-ops cause guys running round with sniper rifles, lol winds me up so much cause its so unrealistic! lol but that's COD for ya. They are all the same just different storlines and online maps.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
storylines, where did that come from? i didnt know they had story lines, last one i thoguht was a story line, it ended up being the guy who killed everybody and was with you the whole time, who was supposedly dead the whole time

toally not %$^$% up

LinearHD

Rising Star
I actually stopped playing COD mw/bl-ops cause guys running round with sniper rifles, lol winds me up so much cause its so unrealistic! lol but that's COD for ya. They are all the same just different storlines and online maps.

Lol, I don't think you'd like the people I play with xD I only play MW2 now for the sniping. BO is bull and always has been, it stopped being fun after 3 or so prestiges.

i doubt it, i think that some newer games have Crossfire compatibility already and i think by the end of the year it will be in majority of new games, i cant check because the newest PC games i have are CoDWaW and Sims 3, and Sims 3 is so graphics hungry... its about the only game i can actually play on my laptop :) and even that is at a struggle, stupid ass laptop

No lol, I meant you might be waiting a while for your 6970 to struggle xD And about your sig, go for the i5.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/288?vs=146

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Lol, I don't think you'd like the people I play with xD I only play MW2 now for the sniping. BO is bull and always has been, it stopped being fun after 3 or so prestiges.

Hmm perhaps not lol, I used to love BF2 for the sniping, cause the maps are massive, and you could literally hide somewhere the other side of the map. n yeah black ops is proper pants.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
hehe, so you think ill max out BF3? i think ill struggle on Sims 3 though, hopefully medium will be ok

LinearHD

Rising Star
Well, considering the demo's were layed on a single GTX 580, I'd say yes, although you might not get a constant 60 (more like a constant 45-50 with the occasional drop to 30)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
PCS are usually happy to put in a side fan and usually do it themselves if they think that temperature may be a problem, if you have any old computers, try and take the fans out, i took mine out earlier today and gave them a good dust, they should hopefully work now if i install them, i recommend stealing whatever you can from an old PC you never use, im using the old hard drive, DVD drive, 2 fans and some laptop hard drives, shame i cant mod the laptop RAM to fit into DDR3 slots, that would be an extra 2GB free of charge :) although the different speeds will f*** it up

A stupid question I know, regardless.

The 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN Port that comes standed is indeed suitable for a wired Broadband connection to be connected to?