Wrong spelling on laptop

Sonny7

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me. I got a new kitten couple of weeks back and she has this thing where she likes to sit on the laptop.

It never really bothered me but just yesterday she was moving around a lot on the keyboard and she's obviously pressed some buttons and the spelling has now changed. Am not to clued up on computers but I did check It is in English by going to start, then control panel and then language and it says English UK.

But when I try typing anything or go online it types something totally different from what I i'm trying to type. I'll give some examples.

If I press the letter y it comes yu7. If I type in the letter ...

t = tr4
K = k,
J = jmn

And so on, no sure what language this is but I need English back can someone help me please.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
My guess would be that some keys are stuck together,yu7, tr4 and jmn are adjacent to each other,can't imagine what the kitten did to achieve this,but it still wouldn't explain K = k.

Rakk

The Awesome
It is still English, its not a language issue, the issue looks like when you press one key, its also triggering the keys around it to also count as being pressed.
For example yu7 - those three keys are right next to each other on the keyboard in a triangle shape, same as jmn.
So I'm guessing its a keyboard issue - or whatever bit that actually sends the signal about what keys have been pressed.

Edit: Vanthus beat me to it

Sonny7

Ah now I see that makes sense.

But now what do I do, I guess I'll need to take it to a shop and pay for it to get fixed. Silly cat, or silly me for letting her sit on the keyboard in the first place:mad:

Thank you's for your help, much appreciated.