Yeeeeah obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Yeah, an hour would be a good amount of time. I'm not exactly sure how long it will be, if I'm honest.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Sites like google, amazon, twitter are probably going to do it, they are the ones that have already expressed complaints, I think they will do it.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
An hour will be far to long, google gets millions of uses per second, 150s is a fairly long time, if lots of sites do it, it will put a huge amount of businesses on hold for that time so I think it will be noticed. I think ten minutes should be the max.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
all you need is one site from the main network of sites and it will be much more successful

google, microsoft sites, twitter, facebook, yahoo etc would all be part of this, i wonder if steam will do it? hmmmm

UndeadJack

Master Poster
An hour will be far to long, google gets millions of uses per second, 150s is a fairly long time, if lots of sites do it, it will put a huge amount of businesses on hold for that time so I think it will be noticed. I think ten minutes should be the max.

1 hour would disrupt the internet. It would exemplify the effects of SOPA on a short term scale. 1 hour is ideal

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i imagine steam are probably not entirely against it though, seeing as it is their money SOPA is trying to protect, but obviously they dont want the offer bs offered by SOPA

game servers should be closed as well, CoD would make people go insane as well as bf3

UndeadJack

Master Poster
i imagine steam are probably not entirely against it though, seeing as it is their money SOPA is trying to protect, but obviously they dont want the offer bs offered by SOPA

game servers should be closed as well, CoD would make people go insane as well as bf3

Keep WoW on though. :)

TheKeir

Bright Spark
Steam would lose money by letting these bills pass. It's not just trying to stop illegal downloads - it is stopping the downloading or showing of videos that contain footage of games in them. For example, Totalbiscuits videos would be taken down and all the free advertising that he does for those games companies that have games in his videos, would be lost, so less people would know about the games and therefore the games companies would lose a lot of money.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Steam would lose money by letting these bills pass. It's not just trying to stop illegal downloads - it is stopping the downloading or showing of videos that contain footage of games in them. For example, Totalbiscuits videos would be taken down and all the free advertising that he does for those games companies that have games in his videos, would be lost, so less people would know about the games and therefore the games companies would lose a lot of money.

yeh, i think id be lost without the likes of machinima giving game reviews

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
This really is shaping up to be very interesting. I think that if Obama doesn't allow this and it is shown in the media that he doesn't allow it, I think it will really help him in elections and stuff. If it does go through, I can see it being like the alcohol prohibition in the 20s or so like I said before. Except it will affect more than just America. It will probably end up with it being taken away when they realize it just won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.