You're not a wizard Harry!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Just finished the main story last night. 28 hours I've been playing in total. I could have got a good few hours inside that without the side quests and distractions etc, but that's still a fairly decent campaign I think. The end battle was a proper slog for me, I was getting some weird behaviour when dealing damage though..... I got there regardless so happy with that.

I'm going to attempt to 100% it, I'm currently around 55%.

The irony is that I've only really started to properly get into it in the last 4 or 5 hours. I think I'm quite fortunate that it typically takes quite a lot for me to get invested in a game. It means that I'll lose interest in most games, which leads to me not being a gamer :LOL: I think I'd lose far too much time gaming if I was, when I do get into something I lose days to it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
To the original point of the thread. I still can't for the life of me understand the hardware requirements. I didn't think it was anything all that special tbh.

The map scale and layout was quite impressive though. Credit to the devs there. The game world is quite large.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
71 hours for 100% completion. I reckon that's inflated somewhat as I'm pretty certain I left it on by accident a couple of times while streaming (I know I did this at least once for a fact).

It's still a 50+hr game IMO though, loads to it. It gets a bit samey after a while though.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Ok..... I lied... it's not 100%.

To get a true 100% you need to play to a certain point in every house group. I might get there one day :LOL:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Ok..... I lied... it's not 100%.

To get a true 100% you need to play to a certain point in every house group. I might get there one day :LOL:
I was going to say that sounded a little quick. I've done a partial play through of the first hour or two of a couple of the houses and while a lot of it is the same, there's some differences - there's a house-specific mission which will obviously be different. There's also a lot of house-specific conversation where rivalries between houses are referenced, "You're not bad for a Hufflepuff", etc but that's more incidental conversation you'll hear when wandering around Hogwarts, so not a massive change.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
To get the achievements you need to play each house to the Map room and it unlocks.

The Spilled Milk trophy gave me a chuckle though.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I quite enjoyed it. There's a lot of work in it if you want to get through it all. The story is reasonable.

The only thing I would say that's a bit negative is it took me a while to get into it, to get used to the controls and to get to the point of enjoying tasks without finding them annoying (you need to walk ruddy miles at first). Once you have all the tools at your disposal it becomes far more convenient........ but also too easy IMO. It's just one of those things, you can't really have the perfect balance for everyone.

As an example, I took on one of the Spider side missions far earlier than recommended. I was losing the will to live playing it as I just couldn't get it. After about 100 attempts I got it. FFWD to the point where I was at that mission level and I managed to defeat similar foes with my eyes closed. It went from ridiculously hard to ridiculously easy simply with upgrades and a bit more spell options.

At the very least it's worth a go. If it's on Steam, give yourself a couple of hours on it and decide then. What I will say is that there aren't many games that I play for more than a few hours, never mind 70.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That's it 100% complete now. I got the wee one into it. She's playing it on Story mode and doing brilliant, she's getting proper into it. She managed to get me to the map position for my final achievement. Now officially 100% done :D

Around 1.5-2hrs per run to the map room so nothing too crazy. I did 3, the wee one did the one to finish it all off.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I try and avoid necroing threads more than 6 months old - pushing it a bit with this one, but still managed it!

Hogwarts Legacy has now been out for more than a year. The Playstation exclusive DLC is now available on all platforms and there's whispers of new DLC being released this summer, with a sequel coming out to coincide with a Harry Potter TV series in 2026.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I thought it was generally very good. I really enjoyed the story and saw it through to the end..... which is rare.

I've not played it since though, not sure about reply value but will see in a year or 6 what happens.

Has the performance been improved yet? It wasn't an issue for me in general but I wouldn't expect there to be with a 7800X3D and a 4080 powering a 1080p display :LOL:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I thought it was generally very good. I really enjoyed the story and saw it through to the end..... which is rare.

I've not played it since though, not sure about reply value but will see in a year or 6 what happens.

Has the performance been improved yet? It wasn't an issue for me in general but I wouldn't expect there to be with a 7800X3D and a 4080 powering a 1080p display :LOL:
I recently went back to it and have found the performance to be pretty decent with a 5800X (non-3d) and 3080 at 4K. To be honest, the biggest change in performance from the last time I played it was upping the memory to 32GB. There also seems to be a bit more depth in the game's implementation of DLSS and similar technologies which has also boosted performance.

It's definitely giving off a labour of love feel for the devs - it was apparently the biggest selling game of last year and so was more than lucrative enough for them to spend more time further polishing it!

There's talk of expanding some of the minigames to add some level of replayability, but as it stands, I agree there's probably not all that much replayability - I'm just a glutton for punishment and want to do more than just the bare minimum to get all the achievements!