Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Otone

Gold Level Poster
I too also have a 3060ti and 5900x and from what I have been told by PCS is that the CPU is the only thing holding me back which im assuming means I already have a 3060ti allocated, currently on 54 working days (went into build on the 7/12/2020 but technically i ammended to the 5900x from the 3900x (don't ask why i didn't go for the 5900x from the start 😤) on 18/12/2020 (not sure exactly how many working days exactly that would be).
P.S been following this forum for a bit anonymously (since for some reason you can't log in with your normal account and have to make a different forums account?) and i just want to thank peeps for posting updates and news better than PCS themselves :ROFLMAO:

Oof! I'm on day 34 now, looks like the 40 -50days+ are not the 3060 gang. But yeah damn if you stick with 5900x 1st probs would have had it by now 😔 but will be totally worth it!

I'm predicting mine will be in build not next week but the week after. If it's in build next week might be later on in the week and I'll need to be super lucky!

BigBoss

So I just got off from live chat with Tove. I’m definitely getting a 3090 assigned with the next delivery and he said I’m juuuust outside the current batch of orders being assigned. He said the 5950x is a longer wait with no ETA on either. I’m currently day 39 so it looks like my numbers are rookie numbers that are about to get pumped up.

TheSabro

PC dispatched today! Hell is finally over! Arriving on monday. Also to all of you waiting on a GPU, they will have new stock in March, this is what they said to me and that's why I removed a GPU! Good luck to all!

I just phoned up PCS as I have been waiting 42 working days (5900x, 3090 removed a few days ago), and they said their next batch they see coming in is April... Please tell me this isn't true.

TheSabro

I just phoned up PCS as I have been waiting 42 working days (5900x, 3090 removed a few days ago), and they said their next batch they see coming in is April... Please tell me this isn't true.
It might be, because the Chinese New Year happened

TheSabro

I doubt that would have result in a month's worth of parts being shipped
factories don't work at 100% instantly, that's why it will take more time, also they have to produce some and then send it, they don't send them the moment they leave production lines

Ungaro87

factories don't work at 100% instantly, that's why it will take more time, also they have to produce some and then send it, they don't send them the moment they leave production lines
Yes I understand how production line work. It's unlikely that Chinese New year will result in them having a full month of not shipping stock. If anything they would have prepared for it head of time.

JLM

Afraid it is. :(

(...) this low supply/high demand situation is going to stay the same for the rest of the quarter (...)

ZPUIPi6.png

On day 24 now (5900X / RX6800XT) and still in preproduction. Mid-March maybe for me, if I'm lucky.

Otone

Gold Level Poster
It was only yesterday I was getting a bit excited! But now I'm s little worried. Day 34 pre production feels like day 5 now 😔

Tejansh

Just got off the phone with PCS and I am a bit concerned now. I've been 49 days in Pre-production with 5950x/3090 (changed from 5900x/3080 on 13th January when 3090 was in stock). In my previous conversations with PCS, I was told that my build was waiting for a 5950 since the 3090 was allocated already as I had ordered when it was in stock.

Today, I had called since, in one of the previous emails, PCS had said that they are expecting a delivery of 5950x today and I wanted to know if it went as expected or if there are further delays. Perhaps the agent was not very aware but either way, but they said that I don't have a 3090 or a 5950 allocated to me. There have been no shipments of 5950x and the next one may most likely arrive on 2nd March.

I am concerned that if the 3090 that was originally allocated to me is not allocated to me anymore, this will end up being a case of chicken and egg where when the 5950 arrives, it will be allocated to someone else because 3090 is out of stock again.

I've dropped them an email anyway just to get clarity on the situation here. I am hoping that the agent was not aware and there's no need for me to be concerned 🤞

Ungaro87

Just got off the phone with PCS and I am a bit concerned now. I've been 49 days in Pre-production with 5950x/3090 (changed from 5900x/3080 on 13th January when 3090 was in stock). In my previous conversations with PCS, I was told that my build was waiting for a 5950 since the 3090 was allocated already as I had ordered when it was in stock.

Today, I had called since, in one of the previous emails, PCS had said that they are expecting a delivery of 5950x today and I wanted to know if it went as expected or if there are further delays. Perhaps the agent was not very aware but either way, but they said that I don't have a 3090 or a 5950 allocated to me. There have been no shipments of 5950x and the next one may most likely arrive on 2nd March.

I am concerned that if the 3090 that was originally allocated to me is not allocated to me anymore, this will end up being a case of chicken and egg where when the 5950 arrives, it will be allocated to someone else because 3090 is out of stock again.

I've dropped them an email anyway just to get clarity on the situation here. I am hoping that the agent was not aware and there's no need for me to be concerned 🤞
My understanding is they don't allocate stock to a build unless all parts are there. You could get both the CPU and GPU in stock at the same time but...have something else not in stock and your order will be skipped again and everyone else who ordered after you get theirs.

Correct me if I am wrong on that.

Tejansh

My understanding is they don't allocate stock to a build unless all parts are there. You could get both the CPU and GPU in stock at the same time but...have something else not in stock and your order will be skipped again and everyone else who ordered after you get theirs.

Correct me if I am wrong on that.
You could be right. I'd be concerned because as you can imagine the possibility of getting everything in stock at the same time would be quite low as compared to getting one part at a time and being allocated stuff as they arrive.

DTGx90

How long does testing generally take? My 5900X/3070 build went into testing at 3pm yesterday and is still there. No notes have been added to my order and can't call as at work til 8pm. Just getting a feeler for what the usual timescale is as seen some get tested and dispatched all in one day.

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
If this is true, I think I will have to look at dropping down to the 5800X... Plus side if I do Ill can drop the motherboard to a cheaper one too. It will be a shame to do it at this stage though.. I can't even use that extra cash to upgrade to the 3080 seeing as that wait seems to be longest wait of them all

If this is true, I think I will have to look at dropping down to the 5800X... Plus side if I do Ill can drop the motherboard to a cheaper one too. It will be a shame to do it at this stage though.. I can't even use that extra cash to upgrade to the 3080 seeing as that wait seems to be longest wait of them all
Yeah, I didn't grab this person's name, but it would probably be useful if someone else also phoned up to confirm this is the case. It could have been a mistake but I was caught off guard with the month and a half timeline.

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, I didn't grab this person's name, but it would probably be useful if someone else also phoned up to confirm this is the case. It could have been a mistake but I was caught off guard with the month and a half timeline.
I would call except I am not based in the UK and don't fancy the phone charges for a 1 hour or so wait.. Anyway it might be better, the 5900 might be a bit overkill as I dont need all the cores

I would call except I am not based in the UK and don't fancy the phone charges for a 1 hour or so wait.. Anyway it might be better, the 5900 might be a bit overkill as I dont need all the cores
As far as I know ( I've been following this thread from the beginning and this is what other users have reported), there are 2 things that I'm not sure they have rectified since their ordering system wasn't designed for the extreme lack of stock availability, firstly it appears that both items have to be in stock for your order to go into building (but some people have talked to an apparently very helpful tech called Liam, who confirmed that their parts had been allocated or not), thus alot of people have dropped their order of a GPU because the odds of both being in stock are very slim or a wait time of ~80 working days, secondly some people have said that by amending their order they have been moved further back in the que, i.e some one that ordered on say the 1/11 with CPU and GPU but amended their order to only CPU on the 1/12 are seeing people that ordered on the 25/11 with only CPU but with no amendments get their build done first.

I wouldn't take these as facts but that does seem to be what other users are reporting.

Also the 5800x is a great CPU, the main reason people want the 5900x is because of the price point, you get 50% more cores with only a marginal increase in cost, so as an investment on a rig that will last a longer period of time before having to next up grade it's the smarter choice if you have the patience.
I personally held out for the 5900x and used stock informers to pre order a 3080, it's wasn't easy but I have a gtx 1080 I can live with for now.

If anyone has any better information or knowledge please correct me. Good luck buddy