Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Otone

Gold Level Poster
I did just email about the CPU cooler if it doesn't impact the wait time on 3060ti and 5900x I don't mind waiting for it but kinda don't want to loose my place for those two for a cooler I could probably change to the Pro

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
I did just email about the CPU cooler if it doesn't impact the wait time on 3060ti and 5900x I don't mind waiting for it but kinda don't want to loose my place for those two for a cooler I could probably change to the Pro
Changing to the pro would be cheating anyway... Mind you I am still considering dropping to the 5800X

Otone

Gold Level Poster
Changing to the pro would be cheating anyway... Mind you I am still considering dropping to the 5800X
Haha yes I thought as much. If the delay is significant I probably will do the pro.
I'd say waiting for a 5900x is worth it probably. Depends what you're doing. Video editing for me :)

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
Haha yes I thought as much. If the delay is significant I probably will do the pro.
I'd say waiting for a 5900x is worth it probably. Depends what you're doing. Video editing for me :)
Yup for you I think it will be much more beneficial. I do very minimal video editing and mostly use software that only utilise 1 core, so it is a bit more than I need, however I may neef to use my machine for rendering in the future but that is a big Maybe...
Ill give it a week and then go with the more realistic(for my uses) 5800x..

Ill probably win and therefore get your machine giving me the best of both worlds. :D

TheSabro

There it is, RTX 3070 installed and ready to go! Good luck with the waiting times you all! Hopefully you get your builds soon!

Attachments

• pc3.png
    pc3.png
    946.1 KB · Views: 186
  • pc4.png
    pc4.png
    940.9 KB · Views: 191

Otone

Gold Level Poster
Day 37. I'm calling this the redzone of pre production. 37-45 days is the predicted build time for my specs going by previous posts.
So really hoping one of my next posts on here will be me saying it's in build!!

SillyDrizzle

Scan have had a delivery of 5900x today. I know it's nothing to do with PCS but I'm hoping others with get deliveries too
Not sure comparing parts seller to system builder is fair as parts seller buy larger orders and get 'first dibs' as a result. More orders for parts, higher priority to supply those orders

grrrrrowl

Ok weird, I'm Day 28 and just went in build. 5900X, no GPU.

I ordered way back in Nov but unfortunately decided to cancel and ended up ordering again in Jan. In hindsight that was a huge mistake.

grrrrrowl

I'm just calling now to check. It's weird because just yesterday I spoke to a guy who told me my PSU wasn't available (I had changed it to Corsair AX1000W).

grrrrrowl

Guy on the phone said it's fine and has already been built but he is gonna double check that the PSU in my build is actually the AX and will email me confirmation later. So yeah hopefully it'll be shipped this week.

Only bad news is that I'll have to put some more effort into sourcing a GPU lol