Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
As far as I know ( I've been following this thread from the beginning and this is what other users have reported), there are 2 things that I'm not sure they have rectified since their ordering system wasn't designed for the extreme lack of stock availability, firstly it appears that both items have to be in stock for your order to go into building (but some people have talked to an apparently very helpful tech called Liam, who confirmed that their parts had been allocated or not), thus alot of people have dropped their order of a GPU because the odds of both being in stock are very slim or a wait time of ~80 working days, secondly some people have said that by amending their order they have been moved further back in the que, i.e some one that ordered on say the 1/11 with CPU and GPU but amended their order to only CPU on the 1/12 are seeing people that ordered on the 25/11 with only CPU but with no amendments get their build done first.

I wouldn't take these as facts but that does seem to be what other users are reporting.

Also the 5800x is a great CPU, the main reason people want the 5900x is because of the price point, you get 50% more cores with only a marginal increase in cost, so as an investment on a rig that will last a longer period of time before having to next up grade it's the smarter choice if you have the patience.
I personally held out for the 5900x and used stock informers to pre order a 3080, it's wasn't easy but I have a gtx 1080 I can live with for now.

If anyone has any better information or knowledge please correct me. Good luck buddy
Cheers for your thoughts. Ill give it some thought over the weekend.

Unfortunately I don't have a gpu I can slot in temporarily as I am upgrading from a laptop, so getting a machine without a gpu would suck and it needs to be nvidia as the software I use only recognises it currently.

As for the cpu, I don't really utilise the cores as the software only uses 1 core so I don't see how the extra cores will help even down the line but maybe I am missing something?

I would call except I am not based in the UK and don't fancy the phone charges for a 1 hour or so wait.. Anyway it might be better, the 5900 might be a bit overkill as I dont need all the cores
Totally understandable! FWIW (for others following along based in the UK) the wait time to get through to someone was 2 minutes at around 3pm today

Cheers for your thoughts. Ill give it some thought over the weekend.

Unfortunately I don't have a gpu I can slot in temporarily as I am upgrading from a laptop, so getting a machine without a gpu would suck and it needs to be nvidia as the software I use only recognises it currently.

As for the cpu, I don't really utilise the cores as the software only uses 1 core so I don't see how the extra cores will help even down the line but maybe I am missing something?
Ahhhh I see, you're between a rock and a hard place then, you have 3 options that I can think of, 1st patience which is easier said than done, 2nd amend order to CPU only and source a gtx 1000 or 1600 series GPU and sell it when you can get your hands on the latest series GPU, 3rd try and get a 3000 series before you go into build and when you have one on order amend you pcs order.

You're right, unless you have the need for the extra cores it becomes more of a bragging right since there are very few games and programs that would benefit having the extra cores, I think for content creators and streamers it would be a benefit but for the majority it isn't required

TheSabro

As far as I know ( I've been following this thread from the beginning and this is what other users have reported), there are 2 things that I'm not sure they have rectified since their ordering system wasn't designed for the extreme lack of stock availability, firstly it appears that both items have to be in stock for your order to go into building (but some people have talked to an apparently very helpful tech called Liam, who confirmed that their parts had been allocated or not), thus alot of people have dropped their order of a GPU because the odds of both being in stock are very slim or a wait time of ~80 working days, secondly some people have said that by amending their order they have been moved further back in the que, i.e some one that ordered on say the 1/11 with CPU and GPU but amended their order to only CPU on the 1/12 are seeing people that ordered on the 25/11 with only CPU but with no amendments get their build done first.

I wouldn't take these as facts but that does seem to be what other users are reporting.

Also the 5800x is a great CPU, the main reason people want the 5900x is because of the price point, you get 50% more cores with only a marginal increase in cost, so as an investment on a rig that will last a longer period of time before having to next up grade it's the smarter choice if you have the patience.
I personally held out for the 5900x and used stock informers to pre order a 3080, it's wasn't easy but I have a gtx 1080 I can live with for now.

If anyone has any better information or knowledge please correct me. Good luck buddy
Sounds about right, Liam is definately most helpful (talked to him). Also a shipment of 100 5900x is due in 5 days. 3070s are expected in March with no closer ETA. Maybe this piece of info somehow cheers you all up.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sounds about right, Liam is definately most helpful (talked to him). Also a shipment of 100 5900x is due in 5 days. 3070s are expected in March with no closer ETA. Maybe this piece of info somehow cheers you all up.
Don’t set any expectations on that delivery please, that’s what all the stickies and PCS have been warning about since last year, deliveries are promised and often either don’t show up or are only part shipments.

It’s fine to have hope, it’s when you expect it and then are let down and go hassling PCS as the ought to have shipped your build where it gets problematic.

No one knows what’s coming when except the manufacturers.

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Don’t set any expectations on that delivery please, that’s what all the stickies and PCS have been warning about since last year, deliveries are promised and often either don’t show up or are only part shipments.

It’s fine to have hope, it’s when you expect it and then are let down and go hassling PCS as the ought to have shipped your build where it gets problematic.

No one knows what’s coming when except the manufacturers.
All we have is hope.

where did you get this information: "Also a shipment of 100 5900x is due in 5 days"? As I said yesterday, I phoned up PCS (Friday) and they couldn't corroborate that information.

The person on the phone told me April seemed like the next shipment date. While they could have been wrong, I have no reason to distrust the information provided.

Last edited:

TheSabro

where did you get this information: "Also a shipment of 100 5900x is due in 5 days"? As I said yesterday, I phoned up PCS (Friday) and they couldn't corroborate that information.

The person on the phone told me April seemed like the next shipment date. While they could have been wrong, I have no reason to distrust the information provided.
from a PCS rep, I called them on tuesday and that's what he said to me, "shipment of 100 5900xs due on February 25th". Well, the situation might have changed during those few days so I really don't know if that's still applicable or not. Anyways I somehow got my 5900x before that and my order is here already, but I thought that maybe I can somehow help you guys out with at least some info on the subject.