Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

yossarian01603

Just had notification through that mine has gone into build, got in just in time this morning and upgraded the graphics. Had not realised the 2070 Supers were back in stock until I read another thread so got itchy and upgraded from the 1660 Super to that. Should make all the difference with a 4k screen now.

Just for peoples tracking (ordered @ 14:01/14:02 on day of launch)
Great stuff! what was your build date out of interest? I assume the above refers to the time you switched to the 5900x?

ShutterBug365

Bronze Level Poster
The latest build date I received was the 27th. No I placed an order straight into the system for a 5900x, I did not already have one in the system and then amended. The only amendments I made were from no GPU to a 1660 Super and then today to a RTX 2070 Super.

yossarian01603

The latest build date I received was the 27th. No I placed an order straight into the system for a 5900x, I did not already have one in the system and then amended. The only amendments I made were from no GPU to a 1660 Super and then today to a RTX 2070 Super.
Nice! you have had a pretty smooth experience by all accounts in that case. I have been in pre-production for 23 working days, switched over to the 5900x on launch day (2pm) and dropped my graphics card from the build earlier this week. Really hoping I get that notification soon also. Enjoy your build when you get it

Crichton_123

Yeah pretty lucky! Removed the 3080 couple of weeks ago and I’m currently 43 days pre-production and changed for the 5900x dead on 2pm. Still nothing!

Zeddicus

Hey all,

Just about to place my order for the below build - not for gaming, but work (heavy spreadsheet/G-sheet use). Reason for the non-basic GPU is that I need one that runs 3 monitors and this was the cheapest option. Huge thanks to @SpyderTracks for some great advice on the build.

Hoping to get a mid-level laptop too (for occasional travel) so am going to speak to PCS through webchat tomorrow to see if I can get a deal (hoping for BOGOF, but not holding my breath :D)

Case
FRACTAL FOCUS G BLACK GAMING CASE (Window)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME B550-PLUS (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER - HDMI
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 13 to 15 working days

What's the latest on availability of the 5900X?

MartyF

Congrats all. Mine been pushed back to 30th in todays email (was the 27th last week) but I'd still take that :)

londondan

Bronze Level Poster
Congrats all. Mine been pushed back to 30th in todays email (was the 27th last week) but I'd still take that :)
Exactly the same here, ordered a 5600x build at 05/11, 2pm on the dot. Email's been saying 27/30th with no sign of it being pushed back so fingers crossed!

yossarian01603

Arrived yesterday! won't win any design awards but I wanted plain, black, good air flow and silent which is exactly what this is. Would say that the build quality was really very good. Very impressed with the cable management as well even though its a closed case.

Only thing to note - if you decide to go down the route of air cooling and order a Noctua, the fan is absolutely massive. If you end up ordering a large GPU separately (I did, 3090 FE) then its unlikely you'll be able to get the card in the top PCI Express slot. It meant I had to re-jig the positioning of the components, but got there in the end. With a bit of tweaking on the software side, it ran like a dream.

Last thing - I've said this on the 3080 thread to 0 response (people seem more interested in lamenting their long wait rather than doing something about it - though my advice below of course wont be possible for some) but I'll say it again to any one who is desperate to get their PC before Christmas with a 3000 series card and an AMD processor who is WFH or has the ability to pause work to do some purchasing.....

*Register for stock alert channels (there are plenty)
*Register accounts with the relevant retailers (plug in address details, card details etc)
*When you get a stock alert, immediately click on the link and purchase

^Hopefully if you've done the above, you will be able to nab one before bots/other keen people snap them all up

You can then de-scope your 3000 series card from your build. Once I did that, it took a week and then I went into build. Getting hold of the 5900x was not the blocker for my PCS build at all.

Anyway with that I am out, hope everyone enjoys their builds when they arrive - it is worth the wait :¬)

Attachments

• fe988de7-14e9-472a-9b39-2bfb30ca92a4.jpg
    fe988de7-14e9-472a-9b39-2bfb30ca92a4.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 225

MartyF

That's what I done. Yes took a bit of effort but in the end got the card (3080) way before my PC, which as it happens has gone into build this morning 🎊

yossarian01603

That's what I done. Yes took a bit of effort but in the end got the card (3080) way before my PC, which as it happens has gone into build this morning 🎊
Nice!!! its a bit of effort but the pay-off is big, makes more sense directing energy in that direction instead of moaning endlessly about it :¬). Enjoy your build mate.

MartyF

Nice!!! its a bit of effort but the pay-off is big, makes more sense directing energy in that direction instead of moaning endlessly about it :¬). Enjoy your build mate.
Thanks and you! Mine just gone into test, hopefully get it on Monday (maybe to much to hope for the weekend).