Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
What are you using your PC for?
Primarily gaming.
I'm sure the 5600X would be more than enough for now but I really want my CPU to be future-proof for the next 5+ years and I don't think a 6-core is going to cut it (even the consoles are 8-core).
I want the CPU to still be good if I upgrade the graphics card in 2-3 years.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
I waited 1 hour 43mins on hold from position 6 but spoke to customer support. They have no idea when they will get 5900X in. So I bit the bullet and stepped down to the 5800X which they hope they should get some in as they have 3 deliveries due in and are expecting to get some 5800Xs. So will probably get one before they ever hear about any 5900Xs. None of the major companies have any coming soon and one competitor is about to email all those that ordered a 5900X and either offer a refund/ cancel the order or a chance to drop to the 5800X.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Primarily gaming.
I'm sure the 5600X would be more than enough for now but I really want my CPU to be future-proof for the next 5+ years and I don't think a 6-core is going to cut it (even the consoles are 8-core).
I want the CPU to still be good if I upgrade the graphics card in 2-3 years.
The consoles are 6 core I think I read the other day.

Nivek

Silver Level Poster
I waited 1 hour 43mins on hold from position 6 but spoke to customer support. They have no idea when they will get 5900X in. So I bit the bullet and stepped down to the 5800X which they hope they should get some in as they have 3 deliveries due in and are expecting to get some 5800Xs. So will probably get one before they ever hear about any 5900Xs. None of the major companies have any coming soon and one competitor is about to email all those that ordered a 5900X and either offer a refund/ cancel the order or a chance to drop to the 5800X.
Thanks for the info. I'll have to consider dropping down to the 5800X then.
I really wanted the 5900X though lol.. :(

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the info. I'll have to consider dropping down to the 5800X then.
I really wanted the 5900X though lol.. :(
Same, even though the 5900X is over kill for gaming and streaming like what I wanted to do. It was the price point that pushed me towards the 5900X as the pricing of the 5800X did not make sense when they were first announced. Problem is I don’t want to be sitting here for ages waiting for one. And especially when no one has one and even on the discord stock bots not any in the UK / EU have been put and the bot went up for the launch on the 5th of November. Which is worrying when almost every other CPU is getting stock drops. The 5950X is rare about once a week but at least is still dropping. The 5600X and 5800X is around 10-15 drops a day. So even if they did start dropping there is no way going to be enough stock to go to every where. If PCS could have given a time frame then I could have been a little patient but when they don’t have any idea and the last 5 deliveries didn’t have any then I had to make a decision.

Zelit0

Same, even though the 5900X is over kill for gaming and streaming like what I wanted to do. It was the price point that pushed me towards the 5900X as the pricing of the 5800X did not make sense when they were first announced. Problem is I don’t want to be sitting here for ages waiting for one. And especially when no one has one and even on the discord stock bots not any in the UK / EU have been put and the bot went up for the launch on the 5th of November. Which is worrying when almost every other CPU is getting stock drops. The 5950X is rare about once a week but at least is still dropping. The 5600X and 5800X is around 10-15 drops a day. So even if they did start dropping there is no way going to be enough stock to go to every where. If PCS could have given a time frame then I could have been a little patient but when they don’t have any idea and the last 5 deliveries didn’t have any then I had to make a decision.
Are you saying there's more 5950x stock than 5900x?

Bbl

Spoke to a lad today. Probably the most helpful and knowledgeable one yet.
Told me they are receiving 5900x and currently have around 96 in stock ready to go into builds.
Also due some more in around the 23rd. Im 37 days with no gpu so hopefully i could see some movement soon 🤞

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Spoke to a lad today. Probably the most helpful and knowledgeable one yet.
Told me they are receiving 5900x and currently have around 96 in stock ready to go into builds.
Also due some more in around the 23rd. Im 37 days with no gpu so hopefully i could see some movement soon 🤞
Brilliant! I hope my name is on one of them too!

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
From the looks of the discord bots and pictures of completed builds on Reddit then yes. A friend bought his 5950X from a competitor as he was building his own PC and he completed his build 2 weeks ago. When I spoke to the rep on the phone yesterday he said that many people were either going down to the 5800X or up to the 5950X because they wanted to speed their build up as they had given up waiting for the 5900X. In the last 5 deliveries they had where they were expecting 5900X they had not received any. The guy on the phone said to me that there was 3 big deliveries coming on the 22nd, 25th and 28th but could not see any 5900Xs confirmed as being on it. But they were expecting and got confirmed that there was 50-100 5800X on at least one of the deliveries and another with 100-150 on another. He said that now including me that there was 7 of us just waiting on the CPU for the build to start as the rest of the components were already allocated.

Bbl

Its weird how we are getting told different things. I just got told a different story completely 🤔

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Its weird how we are getting told different things. I just got told a different story completely 🤔
I think we need to ring again and get his name and compare who it is. I spoke to a young lad. Well I am 37 so young to me is 18-25 but sounded early 20s.

Jaycensolo

Bronze Level Poster
Just got off the phone again and he said that they need 750 of the 5900X to fulfil all the orders and that they had less than 20 come. The order on the 17th got cancelled and not expecting another possible delivery of the 5900X till the end of the month but again are expecting less than 50. He did say that each delivery of the 5900X is only a handful at time and that until they got the last handful on 15th that the previous 5 deliveries did not have any 5900X in it. He confirmed that the 5800X is due in before the 28th and should be around 150-200. He said that there was no way to know your position in the queue for the 5900X. I forgot to get his name.