Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

I'm not going to mention the B word, but it's the freight hauliers like DPD and FedEx who are running into the unexpected border problems first. I suspect @GRABibus may be right and the non-UK part of PCS's business (and a good many others) may well wither and die. Sad times.
There will always be teething problems to start with. Will just depend how long couriers and businesses take to get past them. A lot of the delays seem to be sending stuff with the wrong paperwork which should correct itself in time.

(Still it’s to be expected given how little time businesses had to adapt after a deal with struck)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There will always be teething problems to start with. Will just depend how long couriers and businesses take to get past them. A lot of the delays seem to be sending stuff with the wrong paperwork which should correct itself in time.

(Still it’s to be expected given how little time businesses had to adapt after a deal with struck)
Indeed, and I think we need to leave the politics there. :)

Gimmles

Bronze Level Poster
PC showed up! Unfortunately it seems to be having some serious issues... 13 days of testing might not have been enough! haha

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
PC showed up! Unfortunately it seems to be having some serious issues... 13 days of testing might not have been enough! haha
What issues? Can we help?

A common problem is cards moving in transit and the large graphics card suffers most. Try popping cards out (inc RAM) and reseating them fully. Also check all cables and connectors....

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What issues? Can we help?

A common problem is cards moving in transit and the large graphics card suffers most. Try popping cards out (inc RAM) and reseating them fully. Also check all cables and connectors....
There’s already a thread open for it

Jingo

Bronze Level Poster
Seems like it's one step forward, 2 steps back for everyone. Hope you get your issues solved soon!

I'm still in pre-production, 50 days tomorrow...

GRABibus

I plugged my EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3090 and I could boot in bios and windows (installation with no licence and no updates as I will install mine).

I let it idle like this until this evening and I will install at least windows, all updates, chipset drivers and kaspersky this evening.

let’s see then what happens in next hours or days.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I plugged my EVGA FTW3 Ultra RTX3090 and I could boot in bios and windows (installation with no licence and no updates as I will install mine).

I let it idle like this until this evening and I will install at least windows, all updates, chipset drivers and kaspersky this evening.

let’s see then what happens in next hours or days.
I wouldn't recommend Kaspersky, just no need for it, windows defender is far better and free.

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
My PC with this same configuration is on a relaxed UK & EU tour for the last days, spending a day or so at each location.

Dispatched (4th) >> Leeds to >> Ridgmont >> to Bishop Statfort Road >> to Stanstead >> back to Bishop Stratford Road >> back to Stansted again >>then to Paris CDG (12th) >> back to Stansted (13th) >> now back at Paris CDG again today. It must be the special ‘Explore Europe’ delivery option.
I have a feeling that I will have to reassemble it when /if it gets to Ireland finally. Someday!!

kozuki

Enthusiast
My PC with this same configuration is on a relaxed UK & EU tour for the last days, spending a day or so at each location.

Dispatched (4th) >> Leeds to >> Ridgmont >> to Bishop Statfort Road >> to Stanstead >> back to Bishop Stratford Road >> back to Stansted again >>then to Paris CDG (12th) >> back to Stansted (13th) >> now back at Paris CDG again today. It must be the special ‘Explore Europe’ delivery option.
I have a feeling that I will have to reassemble it when /if it gets to Ireland finally. Someday!!
Maybe the label got stuck on the airplane... lol
Hopefully it arrives soon, might be good for you to contact PCS/fedex if you haven't done so already

GRABibus

Maybe they thought your PC was for me... :)
mine staid one week in UK.
As soon as it arrived in CDG Paris, I got it in half a day.
Bottleneck is UK (Covid + Brexit)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xtie

Bronze Level Poster
Maybe the label got stuck on the airplane... lol
Hopefully it arrives soon, might be good for you to contact PCS/fedex if you haven't done so already
I spoke to a FedEx customer care guy just as confused as I am. He spoke to his supervisor who told us - “Challenge with Brexit backlog. You will get an update in another 3 days”.
Of course They are clueless too - I will give it 3 more days and then put my nasty-guy hat on!

SilkShadow23

Bronze Level Poster
I am 20 working days at the pre production stage. I have ordered a system that is the 5900 cpu and no gpu. How much longer should I expect to wait? Should be sooner than those waiting for those who also wanted a gpu correct?

kozuki

Enthusiast
I am 20 working days at the pre production stage. I have ordered a system that is the 5900 cpu and no gpu. How much longer should I expect to wait? Should be sooner than those waiting for those who also wanted a gpu correct?
Nobody in the forums knows, your best bet is to try and ask PCS if they have any estimates for you

Bbl

I am waiting on a 5900 aswell. Took out the gpu last week. Im on 35 working days. They told me if im not on the next batch ill definitely be on the batch after. Before the end of jan he said to me. Won't hold my breath though