Zen 3 Tracking thread (5900x/5950x)

Will do :), if not dispatched today does anyone know if I can change my delivery option to Saturday instead of Mon-Fri ??
Yes you can, its usually sent by DPD, the only down side is they charge to "upgrade delivery" I think it cost me £5 to have it delivered in a certain time slot, choices were 8.30-10, 10-12, 12-6, and I think I saw that the Saturday delivery was a £10 charge but could be wrong

Got my pc on Tuesday, 5900x with no GPU and having some issues with it:cry: when ever I try playing a game such as bfv I get a GPU spike and a driver crash, ruled out the drivers, OS, bios and graphics card, the psu and cabling seems to be correct. Im going to do a memory test tonight but I feel I'll have to make contact with them tomorrow. Has anyone else had this issue?

Got my pc on Tuesday, 5900x with no GPU and having some issues with it:cry: when ever I try playing a game such as bfv I get a GPU spike and a driver crash, ruled out the drivers, OS, bios and graphics card, the psu and cabling seems to be correct. Im going to do a memory test tonight but I feel I'll have to make contact with them tomorrow. Has anyone else had this issue?
Found on another thread here that it could be instability of having 4 sticks of 3600mhz ram on a Asus b550 board. I'll test tonight and if it is the issue I'll let you all know incase you want to amend your orders🤞

Sirius2188

Found on another thread here that it could be instability of having 4 sticks of 3600mhz ram on a Asus b550 board. I'll test tonight and if it is the issue I'll let you all know incase you want to amend your orders🤞
I had heard that too, I ordered 4 x 3200mhz as it's supposed to be stable

I am on 41 working days with a 5900x (3090 removed a week+ ago). I see folk going into building with less time. Is there a way of finding out if I am waiting on any parts (except I guess from the CPU?) ?

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
I don't see many people with 3060ti going to build hmmm maybe I should change
I am waiting on the same 5900X with 3060ti... I am not sure what the availability is on the 3060tis. I will keep it for now, I thought of going with a 6800XT but I discovered the software I use for work doesn't support it, only Nvidia.

Otone

Gold Level Poster
I am waiting on the same 5900X with 3060ti... I am not sure what the availability is on the 3060tis. I will keep it for now, I thought of going with a 6800XT but I discovered the software I use for work doesn't support it, only Nvidia.

I was very tempted by the 6800xt but 3060 it's pretty damn good (we it must be! Look at the ques haha) what day are you on?

john coomey872

Bronze Level Poster
I was very tempted by the 6800xt but 3060 it's pretty damn good (we it must be! Look at the ques haha) what day are you on?
Day 30, so probably still a bit of a wait before me I think.. Plus I will have the European delivery to contend with after its built.

rajadd

Silver Level Poster
5900x
asus rog strix b550 f gaming
32gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3600MHz

Hi all, just an update, after doing some memory tests tonight I found that the reason for my instability and the problems seem to be that the ram clock speed was too fast for the mobo, after looking at the manufactures website the corsair vengeance 3600MHz isn't on there list of compatible memory for the ryzen 5000 series and that the highest clock speed of valid corsair memory seems to be 3000MHz.

I have removed 2x 8gb sticks (because other users have reported problems with running 4 sticks of ram, but that will be next on my list of testing) as well as changed the clock speed to be 3000MHz, it passed memory test with no errors (previously had 44000 before it stopped the test) since then it appears to be stable without black screening and driver crashes. I will be slowly increasing the clock speeds till it becomes unstable again and then back it off.

I'm not sure if any of you will have the same issues but I thought I would raise the point so that you can check the manufacturers website to see which ram is compatible and then amend your order before it goes into building if you want to play it safe. I've also heard rumours that there will be a new BIOS driver coming out next month that my help with some of the issues.

Happy gaming all!😁

View attachment 22535

Glad to hear it, well done on the testing!

VladM

I too also have a 3060ti and 5900x and from what I have been told by PCS is that the CPU is the only thing holding me back which im assuming means I already have a 3060ti allocated, currently on 54 working days (went into build on the 7/12/2020 but technically i ammended to the 5900x from the 3900x (don't ask why i didn't go for the 5900x from the start 😤) on 18/12/2020 (not sure exactly how many working days exactly that would be).
P.S been following this forum for a bit anonymously (since for some reason you can't log in with your normal account and have to make a different forums account?) and i just want to thank peeps for posting updates and news better than PCS themselves :ROFLMAO: