Zodac GTX 670 2gb temp issues...?

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
Hello, I got my new pc today and I noticed my GPU temps are shooting upto 71C pretty much straight away and I'm playing world of warcraft with high settings and not ulta.. I disabled Vertical Sync, texture filtering Bilnear, SSAO disabled, particle density at it's lowest and projected textures is disabled. why is this graphics card running so high I'm not doing anything demanding at all :(?

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
watched reviews and peoples were running at 40-50ish and these are on low settings should be able to handle more...

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I'm pretty sure 71 degrees is fine. I have a GTX670 and mine runs similar, more towards 80 degrees than anything. Just make sure your rig has sufficient airflow and isn't wedged into a little cupboard somewhere and you'll be fine :)

Tight Git

Bronze Level Poster
One of the reasons I don't look at my temperatures and in any case wouldn't know how!

Ignorance is bliss and much less stressful...

baron75mk2

Banned
71 is fine for a GTX 670 , by the way if you disable v-sync you gpu will be in fact working harder to push as many fps as it can , force v-sync to clamp it to your monitors refresh rate , this way your card wont be working as hard & you wont have split-up (screen tear) ;)

Chriso

Gold Level Poster
My friends 670 and its running battlefied 3 on ultra only 55c top temp...? And mime hits 71c on high with all graphic bonuses disabled? Seems od to me.