Zotac Firestorm Lighting Discussion

Aza

Rising Star
On your questions:

RAM: Outside of Flight Sims and some heavily modded RTS games, 32 is wasted. 16GB is plenty

Win 11: Difficult to say...it is still having issues but it is much better than it was. Personally, I won't upgrade till I have to but then Win 10 does what I need. Others on here may have more insights into Win 11 than I do as I actively try to ignore anything related to it!

RGB: Far as I know, PCS won't mess around with turning off any RGB etc. However, in the build Scott listed, the only RGB will be coming from the motherboard and the GPU. Neither of which will be overpowering. However, ASUS board lighting can be turned off in the BIOS...not sure about GPU lighting
I know with the Zotac cards you cant turn it off (the name bit anyway)

Aza

Rising Star
Not the main name bit, no... I know some Zotac cards come with additional RGB bits but ive never been able to kill the lights on the logo bit.
Short of physically killing the LED bulb thats in there... it apparently is fixed (if im wrong I apologise...but I couldnt find a way or info on how with google searches).

Plus, killing the bulb might have unintended consequences, or invalidate the warranty (prob def invalidate the warranty)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Not the main name bit, no... I know some Zotac cards come with additional RGB bits but ive never been able to kill the lights on the logo bit.
Short of physically killing the LED bulb thats in there... it apparently is fixed (if im wrong I apologise...but I couldnt find a way or info on how with google searches).

Plus, killing the bulb might have unintended consequences, or invalidate the warranty (prob def invalidate the warranty)

I remember changing the colour of it but I didn't actually try to switch it off so I might be wrong with that. I would typically just go with "black" to switch it off though.

I'll have a go tonight :D

Aza

Rising Star
...You've made me paranoid now...i'm going to have to re-investigate in case i've missed something...

Im guessing its card specific then? Mine is a 2070 Super Mini, only the brand logo is lit up and its a fixed white light, and I couldnt find any way to control it.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
...You've made me paranoid now...i'm going to have to re-investigate in case i've missed something...

Im guessing its card specific then? Mine is a 2070 Super Mini, only the brand logo is lit up and its a fixed white light, and I couldnt find any way to control it.

I've just realised.... mine was the 2080. I've no longer got it though as I replaced it with the 3070ti :ROFLMAO:

I could definitely change the logo though. By default it was white but I set it to red with the rest of my build. I want to say the software was called Zotac Spectra, I think it was required with Firestorm to control. I actually can't remember as once I set it, it just worked without me having to re-install it after a reformat or anything.

Aza

Rising Star
...Nope, def no settings to play with lights, I have a menu tab called "Spectra" which is greyed out... is that where you have lighting options?
At a guess its model specific then.

Aza

Rising Star
Posted at same time lol...
It would appear that its Spectra then... which is a menu section I cant access so must be dependent on the card.

I'd love to be able to turn it off, the name logo is kinda tacky in my opinion (I like the V shaped bit, just not the "Zotac Gaming" font/design)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
...Nope, def no settings to play with lights, I have a menu tab called "Spectra" which is greyed out... is that where you have lighting options?
It was definitely something like that. Whether or not I had to install another driver I can't remember though.

Shows that your GPU has a white LED.

Posted at same time lol...
It would appear that its Spectra then... which is a menu section I cant access so must be dependent on the card.

I'd love to be able to turn it off, the name logo is kinda tacky in my opinion (I like the V shaped bit, just not the "Zotac Gaming" font/design)

Black electrical tape would fix that no problem ;)

Aza

Rising Star
Yeah... its out of warranty now (2 years old) so maybe I could take the wire cutters to it....
(Dont try this at home kids)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yeah... its out of warranty now (2 years old) so maybe I could take the wire cutters to it....
(Dont try this at home kids)
I did a quick search and apparently you can just unplug the light from the board? There should be a couple of plugs for the PWM control and one for the RGB.

Aza

Rising Star
It was definitely something like that. Whether or not I had to install another driver I can't remember though.

Shows that your GPU has a white LED.

Black electrical tape would fix that no problem ;)
Ive got pink, purple, Blue or Red.... but no black...

Aza

Rising Star
I did a quick search and apparently you can just unplug the light from the board? There should be a couple of plugs for the PWM control and one for the RGB.
Oooo I shall have a go at the weekend.
The little cover plate on it appears to be a clip in bit of plastic... so i'll take the card out and see what I can see...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Worth a try. If you identify the plug and if you find it easy enough to sort, post up with pics if you can.

Aza

Rising Star
Ok.

When the only pics I have to post are ones of a GPU in several pieces liberally scattered around a desk, i'll be citing you as my justification for buying a new GPU a year early....

But no, lol, i'll give it a go at the weekend, take a few pics as I go if I have to unscrew parts etc and then can slap it up on here in case others want to do the same (be that a guide for destroying a GPU or for turning a LED off, not sure yet :p )

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's the VBIOS bug on early versions I believe, Zotac often just swapped the cards out

What GPU model do you have?

Aza

Rising Star
Zotac 2070 Super Mini .... does this mean I could get a free GPU upgrade/swap?