Zotac RTX 3080 Underperforming

SiAdams

There was 4, stuck together like and weren’t any give in them to suggest even slightly loose. The pic I’ve got is too big to upload to show but definitely 4 wether it’s two split off in to 2.
Are all connections plugged as same in the pic? I have pretty much exact same build so thought I would show you the connections on my GPU
884B0700-A4AA-41E6-83C0-483283E11D37.jpeg

DanielQ88

Are all connections plugged as same in the pic? I have pretty much exact same build so thought I would show you the connections on my GPUView attachment 29536
Haha for a second then I was like how's he got a picture of my comp as it wouldn't upload yesterday! Yes literally the same bar the rgb colours. As a side note how did you change the GPU colours? What software did you use? I tried the Spectra stuff but kept saying unable to detect card (which in hindsight makes sense but I just brushed it off as software looked flimsy).

SiAdams

Haha for a second then I was like how's he got a picture of my comp as it wouldn't upload yesterday! Yes literally the same bar the rgb colours. As a side note how did you change the GPU colours? What software did you use? I tried the Spectra stuff but kept saying unable to detect card (which in hindsight makes sense but I just brushed it off as software looked flimsy).
I had the same issue when i received mine. Does your card look identical to mine? i did have a trinity model at first and the lights wouldn't come on, therefore they swapped it for a amp holo card which then the lights worked. But yes i use firestorm to change the RGB https://www.zotac.com/hk/page/firestorm

then once opened you can select on the spcetra tab. As mentioned earlier though this didn't work on my first card.

For the rest of the fans etc, ram, i have used ICUE. Not sure what case you have but if it is Corsair i suspect the same software should work.

I uploaded the pic just so you could see the connections in place on the GPU, just in case yours looked different. PCS are brilliant though with RMA so doubt you will be waiting long mate

Last edited:

DanielQ88

I had the same issue when i received mine. Does your card look identical to mine? i did have a trinity model at first and the lights wouldn't come on, therefore they swapped it for a amp holo card which then the lights worked. But yes i use firestorm to change the RGB https://www.zotac.com/hk/page/firestorm

then once opened you can select on the spcetra tab. As mentioned earlier though this didn't work on my first card.

For the rest of the fans etc, ram, i have used ICUE. Not sure what case you have but if it is Corsair i suspect the same software should work.

I uploaded the pic just so you could see the connections in place on the GPU, just in case yours looked different. PCS are brilliant though with RMA so doubt you will be waiting long mate
Ah nice one will get on to that once its back. Yes, had no issue with them at all and lad on the phone was great. Hoping its just something daft like a loose lead but mine looked exactly like yours. Not sure what Zotac card it is though. No wires seemed loose or not connected but these things happen I guess. Makes the wait all the more worthwhile.

SiAdams

Ah nice one will get on to that once its back. Yes, had no issue with them at all and lad on the phone was great. Hoping its just something daft like a loose lead but mine looked exactly like yours. Not sure what Zotac card it is though. No wires seemed loose or not connected but these things happen I guess. Makes the wait all the more worthwhile.
Just looked at your full specs and it is almost identical to mine mate. Once you get it right you will be buzzing with it. The Samsung G9 is a beast and runs perfectly with that build. Let us know how you get on

DanielQ88

Just looked at your full specs and it is almost identical to mine mate. Once you get it right you will be buzzing with it. The Samsung G9 is a beast and runs perfectly with that build. Let us know how you get on
Yeah nice one lar. Cant wait to get it all going!

quote from a forum user = I had a similar issue when I started using my 3080 with the G9, lucky if I got anywhere near 100fps!!

Turned out the monitor needed an update because of using the 3080 with it, it may be the same thing for your monitor, double check they haven't issued a small firmware update to unlock full potential of 3080.

As soon as I downloaded onto usb and updated G9 I'm happily getting over 200fps, if I knock everything to low it will max out the fps easily, but like I said it was by chance I seen about the update for those using the G9 with the 30 series cards

From the thread

Tho tbh would not exsplain the low 3d mark score ?

DanielQ88

Hi All,

Problem fixed...PCS informed me the issue was MSI afterburner putting the GPU in low power mode 😩, updated the bios and windows. Computer to be returned. They've no comment or fix for my stupidity though.

Again thanks to everyone who was quick to help, really appreciated.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Good to know, and grateful for the update.

Although, I see no mention of MSI Afterburner in any previous post, so that's probably why no-one suggested removing/disabling it.

Shows how important it is to provide Santa's Little Helpers on here will ALL the information!

:unsure: ;)

DanielQ88

Got the Zotac lights working, its spectacular. Nice one.

DanielQ88

Brilliant! How you finding the monitor?
Its amazing like, had to turn the brightness down like 90% otherwise it was like a gateway to heaven. You had any issues with the power button on top of the case? For some reason I have to press it twice to get display, I've just updated G9 firmware so its not that.

SiAdams

Its amazing like, had to turn the brightness down like 90% otherwise it was like a gateway to heaven. You had any issues with the power button on top of the case? For some reason I have to press it twice to get display, I've just updated G9 firmware so its not that.
The power button on top of the pc case?
I’ve had issues with the monitor not connecting on power up yeah. Didn’t know pressing the power button twice sorts that out though.

DanielQ88

The power button on top of the pc case?
I’ve had issues with the monitor not connecting on power up yeah. Didn’t know pressing the power button twice sorts that out though.
Oh right, wonder if its a G9 issue? Yeah its bizarre, I press it on top of the case and everything boots (lights noises etc) but no display then I either press the power button again or the little button to the right of it on top of the case then screen comes on. Did you resolve your issue?

SiAdams

0D8D4AAB-8C4F-4689-A5C0-8DF36E0E37D5.jpeg
Oh right, wonder if its a G9 issue? Yeah its bizarre, I press it on top of the case and everything boots (lights noises etc) but no display then I either press the power button again or the little button to the right of it on top of the case then screen comes on. Did you resolve your issue?
The little button on the right is the reset button. The bigger one is the power button. My monitor works fine set at 120hz. Once it’s on I switch it over to 240hz and it’s fine until I restart/switch it off. It won’t connect on boot up wnen it’s set at 240hz but as soon as I switch it back to 120hz it works fine. Mines a old model (August 2020) I can send it back but don’t want to be without it ha. I think the issue I have is due to model mate. I’ll try later though restarting the pc when it won’t connect as don’t think I ever tried that you know. I always powered it off by holding down the power button.

SiAdams

The little button on the right is the reset button. The bigger one is the power button. My monitor works fine set at 120hz. Once it’s on I switch it over to 240hz and it’s fine until I restart/switch it off. It won’t connect on boot up wnen it’s set at 240hz but as soon as I switch it back to 120hz it works fine. Mines a old model (August 2020) I can send it back but don’t want to be without it ha. I think the issue I have is due to model mate. I’ll try later though restarting the pc when it won’t connect as don’t think I ever tried that you know. I always powered it off by holding down the power button.
87B1FF37-4264-4FDB-98F8-9A894EE63226.jpeg