The Nemesis - Pictures+Video+my experience with PCS

F3AR

Yea, you are right mate..it is cheap and nasty ;) I am in need of a better upgrade coz I purchased this over a year ago.. and I actually bought it much cheaper than what it is on Amazon right now.

Waiting for that video! Cheers

So it turns out ima have to get a new copy of FSX, as it's a disc dependable Key :(

Last edited:

samx300

Enthusiast
Hi Gorman,

If you are reading this post, please check the PCS Support Inbox for my latest email. I did get a chance to clean format my rig last evening, and the event viewer still has similar issues as before - Errors and non-valid Win32 application errors on the Nvidia and Creative drivers. Could this mean that there is something wrong with some of my hardware? Functionally the system is good as ever and is quick without any BSODs or other issues. Plus I was also able to restore my OC manually. All's well on that front.

Thanks

samx300

Enthusiast
Hi PCS fellowmates:

Anyone faced this issue before?

During system idle and normal usage, the system freezes - I am able to move the mouse but none of the application windows or keyboard commands respond. The Caps Lock/Numlock lights still work though. At this stage I notice that the HDD activity light is stuck at a constant red. After a few moments (at times minutes) the system gets back to normal.

A quick look at the event log reveals the following error message during the exact time of the freeze:

The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Could this be a faulty SSD? Please advice and help me settle with my new system. I am not happy so far with all the trouble I've had :(

Thanks

samx300

Enthusiast
Looking through the logs they are clear during the period of QC and only introduce errors from different applications such as bit defender, steam, gfwl etc later on as more programs are installed. Sometime on the 21st services started stopping or not starting and non valid win32 application errors appear in the logs. This might cause instability it might not affect the machine at all.

When a machine does crash due to software or hardware it is not uncommon to hear a loud noise from the speakers.

A re-install has been suggested as it is more time effective than trying to hunt down what new application or driver has caused an issue, if that issue has reappeared and is causing on-going problems.

If you wish to reinstall and the problem is on-going then formatting the system drive is fine as long as you have any data backed up.

Now facing the following:

During system idle and normal usage, the system freezes - I am able to move the mouse but none of the application windows or keyboard commands respond. The Caps Lock/Numlock lights still work though. At this stage I notice that the HDD activity light is stuck at a constant red. After a few moments (at times minutes) the system gets back to normal.

A quick look at the event log reveals the following error message during the exact time of the freeze:

The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Could this be a faulty SSD? Please advice and help me settle with my new system. I am not happy so far with all the trouble I've had

Thanks

samx300

Enthusiast
OCZ Vertex 3 RMA :(

Been told to RMA my OCZ Vertex 3 :( :(

Most likely some problem with the SSD with all these issues I've been facing lately in my rig.

I will try and install Win 7 on a spare HDD in the meantime to see if that makes any difference to all the ongoing errors etc.

samx300

Enthusiast
Just had a good read, nice review. hope that your troubles get sorted.

Tom

Thanks mate,

I was told that my replacement Vertex 3 RMA will be delivered today. The online tracking now shows the item as delivered with the signatory as 'CAO', but the item is nowhere to be found :( I live in apartments and we have a 24hr concierge. I spoke with him and he does not have any deliveries for my address from Yodel/DHL.
I am so frustrated with Yodel.. They weren't helpful and just asked me to contact the sender. Just hope PCS are able to send another replacement with a more reliable carrier.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Thanks mate,

I was told that my replacement Vertex 3 RMA will be delivered today. The online tracking now shows the item as delivered with the signatory as 'CAO', but the item is nowhere to be found :( I live in apartments and we have a 24hr concierge. I spoke with him and he does not have any deliveries for my address from Yodel/DHL.
I am so frustrated with Yodel.. They weren't helpful and just asked me to contact the sender. Just hope PCS are able to send another replacement with a more reliable carrier.

aw gutted mate, I aint heard anything good at all about yodel! PCS need to get rid of these guys!

Hope it gets sorted soon mate

F3AR

Unlucky, but even with all these horror stories my pc, and all of the packaging was delivered it time, and also in perfect condition

samx300

Enthusiast
Negligent Courier Company - Lost/Stolen Vertex 3

After speaking with my apartment concierge today, I have identified that the package was 'left in front of my doorstep' and no signatures were taken. The parcel was 'abandoned' at 1015hrs and I returned from work at approx 1930hrs, at which point there was nothing in front of my door.

The above was confirmed with the courier delivery man, who came back on Friday (after I complained to PCS) and confessed to the apartment concierge that he 'left the parcel in front of my door'.
The tracking mentions the signatory as 'CAO', but those are probably forged.

I will speak to PCS on Monday and get the police involved (if I have to) - but this is a clear case of negligence from the sub-contracted courier company (HDNL). I am now left frustrated without my Vertex 3 :( Just hope PCS sort out this mess soon and send a replacement - insurance should probably compensate for the theft/loss.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
That's shocking dude, hopefully he will get the sack, that's a massive amount of negligence.

Hope it gets sorted!

Maestro

Yep, not good. Clearly not doing his job. I would certainly ask around your neighbours etc to check if they took it in order to keep it safe. Call us tomoorow if it doesnt turn up and we will obvisouly inform Yodel and start proceedings with them, and inform the police of a suspected theft.

samx300

Enthusiast
Yep, not good. Clearly not doing his job. I would certainly ask around your neighbours etc to check if they took it in order to keep it safe. Call us tomoorow if it doesnt turn up and we will obvisouly inform Yodel and start proceedings with them, and inform the police of a suspected theft.

Hi Maestro, I checked with surrounding neighbours first thing on Thursday evening, but nothing..
I will call you tomorrow morning and we can take things from there.

samx300

Enthusiast
Spoke with Darrin Cooper from PCS this morning - very helpful bloke :)

He asked me to narrate my side of the story and send it in an email. PCS will then raise the issue with the courier and send a replacement. Just hope there are no more delays/lost/dropped/misplaced RMAs this time around :-/

chrisrs2292

I'd like to think this was a one off with the courier, but unfortunately I have a friend who's PC was delivered and left on his front door step whilst he was at college, fortunately it was still there when he got home and it wasn't raining.

Hope you get it all sorted out soon!

samx300

Enthusiast
I'd like to think this was a one off with the courier, but unfortunately I have a friend who's PC was delivered and left on his front door step whilst he was at college, fortunately it was still there when he got home and it wasn't raining.

Hope you get it all sorted out soon!

Good lord!! PC left at doorstep??! What about signature?

Damn lucky it didn't rain... jeezzz, these courier companies! :(

chrisrs2292

never found out about the signature, suppose he didn't feel the need to enquire when he still got his pc, personally I would've rang up to just find out what was happenning, at the time his pc cost around 1.5k (sli 9800's etc)

I think the courier horror stories are becoming more and more frequent, next PC I buy unless I build it myself, I'll be driving down and picking it up, unfortunately its not possible for everyone to do that =[

samx300

Enthusiast
never found out about the signature, suppose he didn't feel the need to enquire when he still got his pc, personally I would've rang up to just find out what was happenning, at the time his pc cost around 1.5k (sli 9800's etc)

I think the courier horror stories are becoming more and more frequent, next PC I buy unless I build it myself, I'll be driving down and picking it up, unfortunately its not possible for everyone to do that =[

I wish I was able to drive down to PCS :p I would've helped the environment by requesting them to use lesser packaging (that mahoosive box) and instead just hauled the case in my cushioned boot ;)