Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Valve today announced Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, an updated title due out early next year for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, PC, and Mac.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive features new maps, characters, and weapons as well as new gameplay modes, matchmaking, leader boards, and more.

Teaz

Godlike
i hope it is good as the description says lol. i enjoyed my css days but now looking back at it compared to a mere cod game, the hip shooting is pretty nonsense lol

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
CS:S > CoD...you know its true Teaz! :D

I just hope this isnt a monumental cock up on their part and its actually really good. Would likely spell the death of CS:S though if its a success :(

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Ummm is CSS good? lolol surprisingly even as a game developer, fanatic gamer, ex game sales person etc etc, I have never played it lol.

Teaz

Godlike
Its a very good game back in the days and quite alot still have fun on it now. if you compare it to new modern games then its not that great but on its own without comparing, it was certainly good.

I still have fun on it atm for its custom mods for maps and many other mod things like zombies, gun games etc etc

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
CS:S I think is the best example in computer gaming of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Its still just as enjoyable, just as good as it was in 200...4?

I just hope they dont try and make CS:GO a BF/CoD wannabe, as it'll just end up being that.

But as of right now, get CS:S you fools! :D

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
CS:S I think is the best example in computer gaming of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Its still just as enjoyable, just as good as it was in 200...4?

I just hope they dont try and make CS:GO a BF/CoD wannabe, as it'll just end up being that.

But as of right now, get CS:S you fools! :D

Hmmm it seems I have exceeded my download limit lol, stupid 40GB, Ive downloaded 83GB haha. Oh and this month in 12 days ive gone over by 8GB already :( sad times.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
yer damn unlimited(fair usage) my poor father only has 10gb usage and i used that when i got tf2 this month poor bugger doesnt realise but he will do when my new pc comes thankfully the majority of my games are hard copies but bf3 beta and moh tier 1 need to be downloaded so id better give him some cash before the bill comes through.

Flucky

I think this could be quite good :) I'm sure Valve are clever enough to realise what people loved about CSS, don't know how to explain it but I always see the movement as crisp as opposed to a lot of games nowadays which feel sluggish. Even so CS:GO? That does have a nice ring to it at all :(

They're also teaming up with Hidden Path to make it, and as far as I can see the only game they've made is Defence Grid (they were the ones who added all those new features to CSS though, so skeptical flucky remains skeptical).

Last edited:

NMEBowen

Master Poster
modern games just need to be run on low setting on multiplayer then if your using a gtx560+ it feels just as smooth as cs:s was.

mikrea

Bronze Level Poster
This makes me very happy if they stick to the tried and tested formula. Used to play css all the time, great game, and had a great 'feel' to it. Hard to get into though as the good players are REALLY good, you can't run off luck at all

NMEBowen

Master Poster
just had a nose about on my sources and from what i can see there running it on the portal 2 source engine :S portal 2 is a good game but i will say is it the engine to use for a counterstrike game? valve are keen to make it a e-sports title but does that mean much these days?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
just had a nose about on my sources and from what i can see there running it on the portal 2 source engine :S portal 2 is a good game but i will say is it the engine to use for a counterstrike game? valve are keen to make it a e-sports title but does that mean much these days?

Um isnt portal 2 just the new source engine? in which case it would make perfect sense. As far as I know portal 2 is just built off the standard source engine so wouldnt be any different than half life etc.

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Greenman said:
[video=youtube;wQQgVhCvosw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQQgVhCvosw[/video]

csgo_screenshot8.jpg

csgo_screenshot1.jpg

csgo_screenshot2.jpg

csgo_screenshot7.jpg

Nice.

i didnt really notice how much better it looked till this...

[video=youtube;eA7juFxNOzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA7juFxNOzE&feature=player_embedded[/video]