Brand new laptop, games are totally unplayable

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Windows can extract a zip file. Look for the Extract icon at the top right of file explorer.

That said, none of those looks like a WiFi driver.

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
Windows can extract a zip file. Look for the Extract icon at the top right of file explorer.

That said, none of those looks like a WiFi driver.
I'm assuming the wifi card is WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2.4 Gbps) so im looking for drivers online

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
you’ll need to manually install gaming center once all windows updates have installed.
right, so ive done all of the updates but it couldnt detect my graphics card at all now.

tried to install the drivers but again, says not compatible with this version of windows. Ive sorted it through device manager and it has now detected it. Trying again...

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
Right, so it's still showing my driver as Version: 442.53 which is not correct. And I'm trying to update it to 445.87 but i'm getting the same compatibility error.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I think given the issues you’re facing this is almost certainly a hardware issue with the GPU, it’s like it’s intermittently failing. My guess is it wasn’t switching over to the nvidia card when you were gaming.

I would contact PCS first thing (9am tomorrow) and arrange for an RMA. Show them this thread so they can see what steps you’ve taken.

It’s a weird issue!

hezzlington

Bronze Level Poster
Right, so it's still showing my driver as Version: 442.53 which is not correct. And I'm trying to update it to 445.87 but i'm getting the same compatibility error.
do you think this could have anything to do with it? Why would my GFx card have a driver version that is non-existent?

Attachments

• driverhistory.PNG
    driverhistory.PNG
    75 KB · Views: 167